Discussion topic: Sky stream consistently has lost internet connection everytime I turn on

This message was authored by dj12344 This message was authored by: dj12344

Sky stream consistently has lost internet connection everytime I turn on

This has been going on for months I have community fibre broadband and it will be ok on on other devices. Just sky I have to reboot the connection every time to watch tv. Very annoying. It generally lasts then until I switch off 

All Replies

This message was authored by Padam_Padam This message was authored by: Padam_Padam

Re: Sky stream consistently has lost internet connection everytime I turn on

@dj12344 wrote:

This has been going on for months I have community fibre broadband and it will be ok on on other devices. Just sky I have to reboot the connection every time to watch tv. Very annoying. It generally lasts then until I switch off 

I have Community Fibre and never had any trouble with my Stream puck. I tended to use ethernet rather than WiFi. How are you connecting? Do you have network standby turned on in the settings?

dj12344
Topic Author

I connect via wifi and cant do ethernet. I am not sure what network standby is?

This message was authored by MarkGoldsmith This message was authored by: MarkGoldsmith

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@dj12344 wrote:

I connect via wifi and cant do ethernet. I am not sure what network standby is?

Its a mode in the Puck's network settings, it best to ensure this is ON which ensures that the puck maintains a network connection. If its off it can sometimes take a while for the puck to connection to the internet when its turn on out of standby mode.

If that mode is already on then it does sound like the strenght and stability of the WIFI network could be the issue.

Sky Stream user. Former Sky+ HD and Sky Broadband customer
Please LIKE any responses you found helpful
Please mark a response as an ANSWER if it has solved your query/issue

NOT a Sky Employee

This message was authored by Exiled-in-HH This message was authored by: Exiled-in-HH

@dj12344 by "switch off" do you mean....

Standby

OR

Power off at the plug?

Exiled in HH
This message was authored by 2464BM This message was authored by: 2464BM

This is the same with my two puck devices I have, more recently when it starts up sometimes the programme starts then within seconds an error message flashes up to say that "wait till programme loads" 

dj12344
Topic Author

Hi looked in settings/network and no option like that in either network connection or advanced settings

This message was authored by Fothergill1 This message was authored by: Fothergill1

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@dj12344 wrote:

Hi looked in settings/network and no option like that in either network connection or advanced settings

@dj12344 Strangely it is not in Network Settings.  You will find it in the Settings > Start up and Standby menu.  Just make sure Networked Standby Mode is turned ON which stops your puck losing the network connection when it goes into standby.

------------------------------------------
If my post has solved your issue please mark as an "Answer"
If it has helped please give it a "Like"

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion