Discussion topic: Sky sports plus, rugby league .

This message was authored by MarkGoldsmith This message was authored by: MarkGoldsmith

Re: Sky sports plus, rugby league .

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@bonniescotland27 wrote:

Sorry, but we set it up to record and it did not!

Its not possible to record the games that are being broadcast on the app. You can only record matches that are broadcast on the Sky Sports TV Channels.

Sky Stream user. Former Sky+ HD and Sky Broadband customer
Please LIKE any responses you found helpful
Please mark a response as an ANSWER if it has solved your query/issue

NOT a Sky Employee

This message was authored by DisgruntledRL This message was authored by: DisgruntledRL

Couldn't agree more, wanted to record tonights games to watch when I got home from work. This weekend instead of watching all the superleague games I will only be able to watch two. Hope we get a discount on our subscriptions 

This message was authored by MarkGoldsmith This message was authored by: MarkGoldsmith

I'd suggest sending all your feedback over to the Viewer Relations Team via viewerR@sky.uk.

The more people that do the greater the likelihood that Sky will respond and make changes.

NOT a Sky Employee

Leo
Topic Author
This message was authored by Leo This message was authored by: Leo

Hi Mark, I've  taken your advice and made my feelings known to Sky on the link you sent.

Cheers. 

This message was authored by Exiled-in-HH This message was authored by: Exiled-in-HH

@bonniescotland27 wrote:

I will add to this.  Sometimes, more so on a Friday there are 3 games. Which we could record at the same time on Sky Q: now we cannot! Give us back the right to record our programmes on Sky Q!

Sky are just probably taking advantage control over content via streaming🤔

Sky have been degrading the Sky+ HD for sometime ... DSat recording allowed less control .... with the removal of DSat additional content distribution and transfer to streaming .... the door is open to start degrading Sky Q?

Exiled in HH
This message was authored by worthyp1969 This message was authored by: worthyp1969

Sky have never been interested in the RL community, we pay over the odds for the games shown to subsidise football, no option given for cheaper subscription for a sports package without football, not everyone is a football fan!

I recorded the matches then watched later, it looks like this can not be done anymore, hopefully Sky will listen but I doubt it.

This message was authored by Deewix This message was authored by: Deewix

I've also shared comments with the address Mark posted above. The only way really, doubt much attention will be paid to the forum. All other sports are subsidising football. Shame when the market for other sports is growing, great opportunity to grasp those as a market without it having to be football driven. 

This message was authored by clariongrade This message was authored by: clariongrade

Sports plus is feinately a downgrade.

No record, no replay of lost program, and if you pause a program for a while, the program is terminated at the end of the online transmission.

I am out every thursday, so I have lost all thursday matches on Sports+.

And, I can't review a match I have seen live.

Massive retrograde step for Sky, this is what we expected from a network service twenty years ago.

This message was authored by Panmat This message was authored by: Panmat

Just to rub salt in the wound, looking at the listings for this week you have the opportunity to watch live /record 9 NRL games but only 1 super league game (Rhinos vs Wigan on Saturday).

My gut feeling is that just by the name Sky Sports + suggests it will become another paid extra.

Your thoughts?

sPellling, grammar """punctuation or especially typo has never mine strength point? So thank you be kind….
Leo
Topic Author
This message was authored by Leo This message was authored by: Leo

Another insult to injury, all my Arena recordings have di...

Another insult to injury, all my Arena recordings have disappeared, even those on "keep", I was going to wait till the end of the season to terminate but I'm sorely tempted to pull the trigger now.😡

This message was authored by Panmat This message was authored by: Panmat

Re: Another insult to injury, all my Arena recordings have di...

Yes so bad you used to be able watch the replays on arena. Action might as well be called American.

sPellling, grammar """punctuation or especially typo has never mine strength point? So thank you be kind….
This message was authored by Vincent1737 This message was authored by: Vincent1737

For many years i have watched and recorded rugby league matches on sky to watch at my convenience.Last week i recorded all six games and watched them at a time of my choosing.
Every week you boast that viewers can watch every game,every try etc .That is a lie.Last night (9th Aug) i had to choose which game i wanted to watch of the two fixtures on offer,with no option to record either.
At first i recieved messages on both games that there was a technical fault please try later.Then there were a number of incidents involving picture freezing and breaking up. I actually paused the game i was watching for personal reasons but when i returned the game had finished and the viewing ended.
Why are you treating rugby league with such disrespect?
Why are you reducing my viewing options?
Why are you saying Skysports+ is free when anybody wanting to get it for free might have to upgrade to the full sky sports package?
Why am I paying the same amount as i have for years and getting less content ?
I do not expect a satisfactory response but i have to begin somewhere.

@Vincent1737 wrote:

For many years i have watched and recorded rugby league matches on sky to watch at my convenience.Last week i recorded all six games and watched them at a time of my choosing.
Every week you boast that viewers can watch every game,every try etc .That is a lie.Last night (9th Aug) i had to choose which game i wanted to watch of the two fixtures on offer,with no option to record either.
At first i recieved messages on both games that there was a technical fault please try later.Then there were a number of incidents involving picture freezing and breaking up. I actually paused the game i was watching for personal reasons but when i returned the game had finished and the viewing ended.
Why are you saying Skysports+ is free when anybody wanting to get it for free might have to upgrade to the full sky sports package?

@Vincent1737 you won't get any response by posting on this forum, as its a forum of Sky customers. You should send all your complaints and feedback about the Sky Sports + service to the Viewer Relations Team viewerR@sky.uk. 

NOT a Sky Employee

This message was authored by Laing1 This message was authored by: Laing1

@Vincent1737 wrote:

@Vincent1737 Afraid you are not contacting Sky's customer services on here, this is a customer to customer forum where customers help each other.

I'd suggest you contact viewers relations at viewerR@sky.uk

I may be a Sky Superuser but I am still just a Sky customer

Sky Q 2 TB (Silver)Box, 2 Mini boxes since June 2016, all connected by wifi
Sky Broadband Hub/SR203, Sky Ultrafast broadband
Ultimate on Demand, Q Experience/UHD, Sky Sports, Sky Cinema
LG 49SJ 810 V UHD TV, Google Pixel 7 Pro mobile
This message was authored by Vincent1737 This message was authored by: Vincent1737

Hi,i realise that,i should have said that it was a copy of the email i sent to sky.Just airing my views really

Still waiting fot the 24hr response though,27 hrs later.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion