Discussion topic: Sky sports plus, rugby league .

This message was authored by Leo This message was authored by: Leo

Sky sports plus, rugby league .

Sky sports plus appears to be a downgrade as far as superleague is concerned, i can not record streamed games nor watch them on catch up, i could do both for all 6 games before, now down to two. Am i mistaken ?

Best Answers
This message was authored by MarkGoldsmith This message was authored by: MarkGoldsmith Answer

Re: Sky sports plus, rugby league .

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

You can only "record" or "playlist" the sports being shown on the linear Sky Sports channels, anything exclusive to the Sky Sports + streaming service can't be recorded or playlisted.

Sky Stream user. Former Sky+ HD and Sky Broadband customer
Please LIKE any responses you found helpful
Please mark a response as an ANSWER if it has solved your query/issue

NOT a Sky Employee

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by MarkGoldsmith This message was authored by: MarkGoldsmith Answer

You can only "record" or "playlist" the sports being shown on the linear Sky Sports channels, anything exclusive to the Sky Sports + streaming service can't be recorded or playlisted.

NOT a Sky Employee

This message was authored by Panmat This message was authored by: Panmat

Massive downgrade, we got half the season, it's joined the tennis where you have to be in to watch it and that was day one when sky won the rights over Prime!

sPellling, grammar """punctuation or especially typo has never mine strength point? So thank you be kind….
This message was authored by bonniescotland27 This message was authored by: bonniescotland27

Sky sports plus, rugby league .

Absolutely shocking.  Went to watch the Saints game last night that we set up to record to find it had not recorded.

Instead, it was shown on Sky Sports + App.  Sky Sports + was advertised as a new channel not an App.  So we went there to watch the game only to find highlights of the game for under 7 minutes.  And when you scrolled down to the highlights it told you the bloody score.

What a load of rubbish.  Please get Rugby League back on the main channels so we can record all the games and watch them.  That is why I subscribed to Sky Sport and Sky Q.

Stop taking advantage of your customers and stop making football (soccer) a priority.

I will be pushing Sky for a refund.

This message was authored by xenon81 This message was authored by: xenon81

Sky Sports+ is both an app and a channel. While some of the Super League is only on the app, the Saints game last night was on the proper channel so it should have recorded just like normal. 

This message was authored by tomahawk This message was authored by: tomahawk

It is a complete step backwards for us rugby league fans. From being able to watch every match either live or recorded we can maybe watch 3 games per week maximum!!!! I agree it's a complete downgrade. In the words of an ex HKR coach........DISAPPOINTING!!

Leo
Topic Author
This message was authored by Leo This message was authored by: Leo

Pathetic move by sky, there's only 6 SL games, this is all to accommodate football, there's plenty sky channels , some of the sports clogging them up are a joke, Mongolian croquet and pie crust live from Sandhurst, they'll lose a lot of RL fans, as far as I can see there's only us suffered, they're taking the mick.

This message was authored by Deewix This message was authored by: Deewix

Totally agree with the comments above. There are only 6 games a week that with some careful scheduling could still be broadcast on normal linear channels. Instead, at the business end of the season the ability to watch would could be exciting and critical matches for the season has been taken away from a growing fan base of RL fans. also, they're claim to be able to watch every game is now wrong if it can only be streamed live. Any matches that clash means you have to miss at least one as there is no full match replay option.
Sky has scored a massive own goal with Sky Sports+.  I couldn't care less how many extra football games they are now able to broadcast, the only thing we watch regularly on Sky is Rugby League. Would like to hear Sky's response to people's views but suspect we won't. 

This message was authored by Panmat This message was authored by: Panmat

Like I said in a earlier post it's been happening in the tennis. You might say well at least it's got it's own channel.......but it's what they want to show not necessarily what you want to watch all the other games are on the "red button". Load of rubbish......

sPellling, grammar """punctuation or especially typo has never mine strength point? So thank you be kind….
This message was authored by Chriscoops This message was authored by: Chriscoops

I have a sky mix / arena sports package but can not access the games on the watch live element of sky sports app. How can sky state they are showing all the games then switch which channels they are on. I expect to see a reduction in my subscription cost for the games I can not see.. absolutely disgusting customer service..

This message was authored by Seds This message was authored by: Seds

Sky sports +

Sky sports +
Trying to watch Rugby League !
It was tricky to find.

You  can not  record the game

You cannot swap from game to game without starting from scratch.

Commented only started a few mins before kick off with no build up,  (only hear pitch  side for a few mins). 
Are the trying to push Rugby League out completely??

This message was authored by Andrew8476 This message was authored by: Andrew8476

Completely agree with everyones comments after 25+ years of paying Sky a fortune this "new" channel is a joke all setup to watch more football! All Rugby League fans want is to be able to watch all our games no matter who they support. We get to the crunch time of the season and they pull the rug from underneath us. Bad decision Sky, you've done so much for Super League but this is a joke!

This message was authored by bonniescotland27 This message was authored by: bonniescotland27

Sorry, but we set it up to record and it did not!

This message was authored by MarkGoldsmith This message was authored by: MarkGoldsmith

@Chriscoops wrote:

I have a sky mix / arena sports package but can not access the games on the watch live element of sky sports app. How can sky state they are showing all the games then switch which channels they are on. I expect to see a reduction in my subscription cost for the games I can not see.. absolutely disgusting customer service..

This would be because the Sky Sport + part of the app is only accessible for those customers with the full Sky Sports pack. I can only guess the reason for this being that the + app is showing lots of different sports and not just the individual ones that people may be subscribed to.

NOT a Sky Employee

I will add to this.  Sometimes, more so on a Friday there are 3 games. Which we could record at the same time on Sky Q: now we cannot! Give us back the right to record our programmes on Sky Q!

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion