Discussion topic: Sky Stream puck can't detect my UHD tv

This message was authored by Gerry1968 This message was authored by: Gerry1968

Sky Stream puck can't detect my UHD tv

When I try to set the picture resolution on my Sky puck for UHD I get the following message displayed on screen

We can't detect an Ultra HD screen

Before you try anything else, please make sure your Ultra HD TV is connected directly to your Sky Stream puck.

This is despite the fact that the puck is directly connected to my brand new Panasonic OLED TV using a brand new HDMI 2.1. cable 

I have also checked the HDCP version of my TV and it runs version 2.3

Any suggestions?

Best Answers
This message was authored by Nigelb1972 This message was authored by: Nigelb1972 Answer

Re: Sky Stream puck can't detect my UHD tv

New TV's usually have independent settings for each HDMI input so unfortunately you may need to tinker with your TV settings. 

Is the TV picking up the Puck in HD mode? Also, check that your TV supports HLG for HDR because if it doesn't, you will need to change your Puck settings to UHD without HDR.

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by Jones_The_Cat This message was authored by: Jones_The_Cat

@Gerry1968 wrote:

When I try to set the picture resolution on my Sky puck for UHD I get the following message displayed on screen

We can't detect an Ultra HD screen

Before you try anything else, please make sure your Ultra HD TV is connected directly to your Sky Stream puck.

This is despite the fact that the puck is directly connected to my brand new Panasonic OLED TV using a brand new HDMI 2.1. cable 

I have also checked the HDCP version of my TV and it runs version 2.3

Any suggestions?

Check the HDMI port you are connected to is set to Mode 2 via the HDMI settings on the TV.

This message was authored by Nigelb1972 This message was authored by: Nigelb1972 Answer

New TV's usually have independent settings for each HDMI input so unfortunately you may need to tinker with your TV settings. 

Is the TV picking up the Puck in HD mode? Also, check that your TV supports HLG for HDR because if it doesn't, you will need to change your Puck settings to UHD without HDR.

Gerry1968
Topic Author
This message was authored by Gerry1968 This message was authored by: Gerry1968

The HDMI port setting on the TV was the issue

Once I changed this to EDID 2 the Sky puck automatically detected the UHD panel and changed the output to 2160p

Many thanks for the suggestion 

This message was authored by Dazzasky This message was authored by: Dazzasky

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Nigelb1972 wrote:

@Nigelb1972 I'm going to guess you don't have a puck. When you set the puck to UHD mode, there is no HDR option. 

This message was authored by Nigelb1972 This message was authored by: Nigelb1972

@Dazzasky I do have a puck and on UHD content there's an option for UHD no HDR, so I assumed there's also this option in the main settings. If I'm about this, so be it but the op's problem was resolved 👍

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion