Discussion topic: Sky Stream - Turns Off Automatically

This message was authored by Woober This message was authored by: Woober

Sky Stream - Turns Off Automatically

Hi, I have turned off auto save power option, but puck seems to after few hours turn off. Even though, I'm streaming live TV. I have issues with tinnitus when trying to get a sleep or if I wake up. Dont know if this is a common issue that will be fixed with an update.

All Replies

This message was authored by MarkGoldsmith This message was authored by: MarkGoldsmith

Re: Sky Stream - Turns Off Automatically

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

I think it's part of the EU regulation that forces it to turn off (when it's idle) after 10-15 minutes. Likely the regulation caters for inactive use(ie no button presses) after a few hours as well.

Sky Stream user. Former Sky+ HD and Sky Broadband customer
Please LIKE any responses you found helpful
Please mark a response as an ANSWER if it has solved your query/issue

NOT a Sky Employee

Woober
Topic Author

Think ill have to send it back then.

This message was authored by DavidSmith121 This message was authored by: DavidSmith121

I have the same issue and will have to return also as it's for a disabled person that is unable to press any buttons or talk.

if it turns off it's of no use 

This message was authored by Chrisee This message was authored by: Chrisee

@DavidSmith121 it is an EU regulation the UK government has adopted that modern TV set top boxes have to go into standby after a period if no command input is received. While the power off from the menu screen or while paused is a few minutes the switch off while streaming is several hours. A disabled person could over ride the issue by using a control systems adapted for their needs or by a carer.

Sky have a special Accessibility team who can give advice.

=========================================================
65inch Sky Glass, 3 Sky Streaming Pucks, Sky Ultrafast + and Sky SR213(white Wifi Max hub) main Wifi from 3 TP-Link Deco M4 units in access point mode
This message was authored by DavidSmith121 This message was authored by: DavidSmith121

I have spoken with a member of the accessibility team and there is nothing they can do. I have been advised in writing the puck shuts down automatically after 4 hours.

I have occasions where the carers don't attend for 5-6 hours so the sky stream puck is unsuitable to be used.

it will now be returned and we go back to an Amazon firestick.

This message was authored by Fothergill1 This message was authored by: Fothergill1

Hi @DavidSmith121 I think 4 hours is the official figure but in reality the puck turns off much quicker. It's more like an hour unless you pick up the remote to stop it switching off.

If you add the NOW app to your Firestick and pay the subscription you will receive a significant number of Sky programmes.  Have a Google of NOW and it will give you all the details.

Good luck.

------------------------------------------
If my post has solved your issue please mark as an "Answer"
If it has helped please give it a "Like"
Woober
Topic Author

I sent it back, no thanks

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion