Discussion topic: Sky Store on Sky Stream

This message was authored by williamparky This message was authored by: williamparky

Sky Store on Sky Stream

Anyone know if sky store is 1080p or 720p? Can't find any information on this on any of the help pages. The app needs a serious overhaul, seems to be based on the sky+ app from over a decade ago. 

All Replies

This message was authored by Suskha This message was authored by: Suskha

Re: Sky Store on Sky Stream

No one does 720p anymore do they ? which kinda answers this question

This message was authored by SlenderRobert This message was authored by: SlenderRobert

@Suskha wrote:

No one does 720p anymore do they ? which kinda answers this question

Netflix Basic is 720P. 

This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Suskha wrote:

No one does 720p anymore do they ? 

720p is an HD standard and widely used both to save bandwidth and as the 'budget' version of streaming services, typically with a premium offering to upgrade to 1080 for an additional charge (see NowTV for example).

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2
williamparky
Topic Author
This message was authored by williamparky This message was authored by: williamparky

Almost all sky store applications on most devices still only serve 720p. Hence why I'm looking for clarification on the sky stream quality 

This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

Sky Store Help 1.png

https://www.skystore.com/n/hwtw/help/faq/ways-to-watch 

@williamparky wrote:

Hence why I'm looking for clarification on the sky stream quality 

I'll ask if that page can be updated.

williamparky
Topic Author

Thanks could you ask them to clarify which are compatible boxes? And which quality each supports 

@williamparky 

Yes, I've mentioned that.  The page is clearly long out-of-date, not only with no mention of Glass/Stream but also that rather obsolete reference to Windows 7 (which reached end-of-life three years ago).

This message was authored by CardiffMan1992 This message was authored by: CardiffMan1992

Pretty sure that Sky Store doesn't do 4K looked yesterday and it mentioned HD only copy of Avatar 2 you could buy.

This message was authored by Suskha This message was authored by: Suskha

Thanks for opening my eyes regarding 720p everyone - I clearly didnt know that.

This message was authored by Sky+man1982 This message was authored by: Sky+man1982

Sky store is 720 p currently with 1080p and uhd to be released in future updates not sure when 

This message was authored by Sky+man1982 This message was authored by: Sky+man1982

Sky store is 720 p currently with 1080p and uhd to be released in future updates not sure when @williamparky 

This message was authored by SlenderRobert This message was authored by: SlenderRobert

It amazes me that people are still willing to pay for Sky Store purchases when there are so many much better alternatives available now.

@SlenderRobert 

My guess is it's only the convenience of ordering from the box (or TV/puck) and paying through the Sky billing which keeps it going. 

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion