Discussion topic: Sky Puck returned to Sky but not received

This message was authored by banoog This message was authored by: banoog

Sky Puck returned to Sky but not received

I helped my dad return his Sky Stream Puck via Royal Mail recently. We sent it on 16th November 2023. It was received at South Midlands MC on 18th November 2023. However, Sky state they have not received it. Please advise.

I have tracking details and Proof of Posting.

Thanks in advance.

All Replies

This message was authored by Exiled-in-HH This message was authored by: Exiled-in-HH

Re: Sky Puck returned to Sky but not received

Have you phoned Sky and told them you have proof of posting?

Exiled in HH
banoog
Topic Author

Yes. The full story is complex. We ordered broadband and Sky Stream (Black Friday deal) on 2nd November. Sky cancelled on 4th November when they realised they could not supply broadband to my dad's address. The cancellation email stated we should refuse delivery of the hub or send it back.  We returned the device, realsiing later it was the puck, and that Sky had intended to continue the Sky Stream subscription.

We called to discuss this on 25th November and ensure the whole package was cancelled. We said we have all the tracking details and proof that the puck had been returned but were told to essentially let the cancellation process play out, including the emails and return packages being sent out.

All contracts have been cancelled. We have not yet been charged for the puck but Sky still have not acknowledged receipt (status: pending return).

This message was authored by Exiled-in-HH This message was authored by: Exiled-in-HH

Have Sky informed you they intend to charge you for not returning devices?

Exiled in HH
This message was authored by Davy58 This message was authored by: Davy58

I've called them more times than I care to remember about mine. Even gave them tracking number and showed a copy of proof of postage. They have still charged me £50 non return fee which has been added to Decembers bill even though they stated it won't be taken off. Will be calling them next week before it's due and see what concoctions they come up with this time..

65inch Sky Glass, 2 Sky Streaming Pucks, Sky Superfast Broadband
banoog
Topic Author

When I spoke to the Sky agent on the 25th, he mentioned there is a possiblilty we could be charged. That's why I am being proactive in trying to sort the matter out. Hence the request for advice.

banoog
Topic Author

Was your device's final destination South Midland's MC?

IMG_4034.jpegIMG_4035.jpeg

Plus, I have a copy of proof of postage too

banoog
Topic Author

Hopefully, this can be resolved for both of us.

Better be when I phone them up again. Always told something different . That's why it's best to keep all receipts like proof of posting etc for months..

This message was authored by MarkGoldsmith This message was authored by: MarkGoldsmith

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

FYI the issue is actually with the third party company that is handling the returns for Sky. They seemingly have a large delay in processing the returns and clearly aren't very good with updating Sky as to when the returns are processed.

There are lots of other complaints on this forum of exactly the same issue. Providing you have kepy your receipt as proof of sending the package back I've seen many customers on this forum report that Sky has bene happy with that proof and has then removed or credited the non-return charge back.

Sky Stream user. Former Sky+ HD and Sky Broadband customer
Please LIKE any responses you found helpful
Please mark a response as an ANSWER if it has solved your query/issue

NOT a Sky Employee

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion