Discussion topic: SKY Stream remote via 3rd remote.

This message was authored by Pogles This message was authored by: Pogles

SKY Stream remote via 3rd remote.

Hi

Does anyone know if it's possible to control Sky Stream puck via a 3rd party remote, I'm aware it's a Bluetooth remote but it seems unlike Apple TV there is no way of assigning another remote to the puck, I'm attempting to use a Sofabaton X1 which is able to control via ir, Bluetooth or wi-fi, as I said previously had no issues pairing it to my Apple TV.

Although the Sofabaton has ir learning it seems that the Stream remote doesn't output ir so I'm unable to learn the commands that way.

Any thoughts.

Best Answers
This message was authored by Chrisee This message was authored by: Chrisee Answer

Re: SKY Stream remote via 3rd remote.

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Pogles I taught my Harmony Hub the IR codes to control one of my pucks as explained switch the Sky remote to IR mode by pressing 4 & 6 together for a few seconds. Like all IR teaching it needs patience but the Harmony app makes it reasonable not sure on your remote.

=========================================================
65inch Sky Glass, 3 Sky Streaming Pucks, Sky Ultrafast + and Sky SR213(white Wifi Max hub) main Wifi from 3 TP-Link Deco M4 units in access point mode

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by SlenderRobert This message was authored by: SlenderRobert

@Pogles wrote:

Hi

Does anyone know if it's possible to control Sky Stream puck via a 3rd party remote, I'm aware it's a Bluetooth remote but it seems unlike Apple TV there is no way of assigning another remote to the puck, I'm attempting to use a Sofabaton X1 which is able to control via ir, Bluetooth or wi-fi, as I said previously had no issues pairing it to my Apple TV.

Although the Sofabaton has ir learning it seems that the Stream remote doesn't output ir so I'm unable to learn the commands that way.

Any thoughts.

The Stream remote does output infra-red. Off the top of my head I think you have to hold in buttons 4 & 6 for 10 seconds to switch it to infra-red mode. 

On a side note - how do you find the Sofabaton? I bought one last year from the crowdfunder but found it to be a pretty horrible experience - clunky and very plasticky, so it's been back in its box for many months. Thankfully my Harmony Elite still functions and I'll be sticking with it.

Pogles
Topic Author

Hi 

Thanks for the reply, I've only just got it today so still playing with it, compared to Logitech it's a dinosaur of a unit, unfortunately my Harmony Elite battery packed up and won't work with any of the replacement batteries I've tried so got this as an alternative to try, thought the simplicity of it would be ideal for my wife who's technophobic...I'll give that ago and see how I get on.

thanks for the help.

This message was authored by Chrisee This message was authored by: Chrisee Answer

@Pogles I taught my Harmony Hub the IR codes to control one of my pucks as explained switch the Sky remote to IR mode by pressing 4 & 6 together for a few seconds. Like all IR teaching it needs patience but the Harmony app makes it reasonable not sure on your remote.

65inch Sky Glass, 3 Sky Streaming Pucks, Sky Ultrafast + and Sky SR213(white Wifi Max hub) main Wifi from 3 TP-Link Deco M4 units in access point mode
Pogles
Topic Author

Hi

Follow up to previous post, I've given up with it, boxed up and ready to return Amazon.

This message was authored by LiamSkyQ This message was authored by: LiamSkyQ

Struggling to get the stream puck working with control4 via infrared. Hearing conflicting things, is it 1&3 for IR control or 4&6? The learning process seems a bit fraught with error for me at least... 

This message was authored by Tim+Adams This message was authored by: Tim+Adams

Hi @LiamSkyQ 

Press and hold 4 & 6 for 5 seconds. To confirm the remote is now in IR mode press the microphone button and you should see a message telling you that you need to pair the remote to use that service.

Thanks,

Tim

Sky Glass with Sky Live, Sky Stream & Sky Protect - FTTP 2Gbps
This message was authored by Nesteaboy This message was authored by: Nesteaboy

You're a genius!  How did you figure out you need to press 4 + 6?

This message was authored by Michaelgooding This message was authored by: Michaelgooding

Hi @LiamSkyQ 

Once you got passed that issue did you build an IR driver for C4 and get it working?

I tried last weekend but couldn't get any C4 emmitters to be recognised. We were capturing the IR from the remote but couldn't replay through C4.  I assume the IR sensor is the small dot on the front of the box?

This message was authored by Jon34 This message was authored by: Jon34

I used 7 & 9 to reset the remote, learned ir commands via home assistant with a broadlink rm4 pro.

The remote sends codes via ir when you move it, so you have to keep it perfectly still when learning.

This message was authored by JohnnyDriscoll This message was authored by: JohnnyDriscoll

Sky Stream Remote Infrared Mode. Yes, reset the remote with 7&9 pressed together for 3 seconds.

Then press 4&6 together FOR TEN SECONDS.  The remote is now infrared. 

This message was authored by kdp99 This message was authored by: kdp99

I am also using a third party remote (URC not Harmony). I have learned every command from the puck remote (once I have set it to IR not bluetooth), except POWER. Does not even seem to be sending IR as far as my remote trying to learn is concerned.

Did you learn power OK ? Any tricks ?

I have found I can turn it on with HOME, which I learned OK, but can't turn it off without reverting to the puck remote.

Many thanks

k
This message was authored by Chrisee This message was authored by: Chrisee

@kdp99 power is a toggle command so can be tricky. I use Home to power on and only use power to put tecsystem into standby which works for me. 

Thanks so you were actually able to learn it. I shall persist

k

Got it now, had so many fails thought that there might be something odd going on.

Thanks again

k

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion