Discussion topic: My sky puck remote button are not functioning correctly

This message was authored by Kosta This message was authored by: Kosta

My sky puck remote button are not functioning correctly

I can turn sky on with remote but the buttons don't allow you to launch 'home'. Home Screen comes on but remote won't interact so can load anything 

All Replies

This message was authored by Fothergill1 This message was authored by: Fothergill1

Re: My sky puck remote button are not functioning correctly

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@KostaAs a first step I would reboot the system by switching off at the plug socket for a minute before switching it on again. I will take about a minute to reboot.

Then try to pair the remote again as follows:

1. Press 7 and 9 together on your Sky remote for three seconds (This resets/clears the remote)
  2. Press 4 and 6 together for three seconds (IR mode).
  3. Press 1 and 3 together for three seconds (bluetooth mode) and follow any on-screen instructions.

You can also look at the following 2 links to see if the troubleshooting guides help in any way

Troubleshooting guide

Remote help

As unlikely as it sounds you could also try holding the remote at both ends and giving it a gentle twist as though you were wringing out a cloth.  There was a faulty batch of remotes at the end of last year and this method often worked.  It actually fixed my own remote a few months ago 😀

If it is still not working you will need to phone Sky and request a replacement.  While you wait, if you have one available you can use a Sky Q remote.

------------------------------------------
If my post has solved your issue please mark as an "Answer"
If it has helped please give it a "Like"
Kosta
Topic Author
This message was authored by Kosta This message was authored by: Kosta

Thanks Fothergill1 

I've just spoken to Sky who as you say know there is  known issue  - they are replacing the remote

Have a good evening 

Regards 

This message was authored by Jack2312 This message was authored by: Jack2312

I've had exact same issue tried resetting box and rebooting but notbing. The remote is turning the puck off when nunber 3 is pressed that's only butting working 

This message was authored by Fothergill1 This message was authored by: Fothergill1

@Jack2312 It is a known issue.  Have a look at my post 2 above and if this doesn't help give Sky a call and request a replacement remote. A Sky Q remote will work while you wait for a replacement (if you have one available of course).

This message was authored by raymondbegg This message was authored by: raymondbegg

Twisting the remote as mentioned in a previous comment worked for us!

@raymondbegg It's surprising how often it works.  It has fixed mine on 2 occasions so far 😀

This message was authored by Coachdriver2020 This message was authored by: Coachdriver2020

Same thing re number 3 button

@Coachdriver2020 The advice given in posts above don't help then you should request a replacement at the following link: Streaming TV replacement remote 

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion