Discussion topic: Is there an issue with WiFi connectivity in Sky stream?

This message was authored by Me123321123 This message was authored by: Me123321123

Re: Is there an issue with WiFi connectivity in Sky stream?

Interesting discussion and I've seen a few on Glass/Stream around WiFi connectivity.  I am about to swap from Q plus mini to Glass with a Puck.  Always found much better stability with Q an mini both on wired ethernet vs wifi and it looks like the same solution will be better for Glass with a Puck. 

A

This message was authored by MarkGoldsmith This message was authored by: MarkGoldsmith

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Floydianslip wrote:

@bydandie I have 4 pucks all connected via WiFi since October 2022 and had no issues. IMO this is down to using my own router rather than the generally poor spaced routers most ISP's provide.

I have FTTP 900mb connection and use an Asus AX3000 router, my advice would be ditch the router your ISP provides they really  aren't up to the job. 

This certainly matches what i've seen from others in this forum

Sky Stream user. Former Sky+ HD and Sky Broadband customer
Please LIKE any responses you found helpful
Please mark a response as an ANSWER if it has solved your query/issue

NOT a Sky Employee

bydandie
Topic Author
This message was authored by bydandie This message was authored by: bydandie

@Floydianslip wrote:

@bydandie I have 4 pucks all connected via WiFi since October 2022 and had no issues. IMO this is down to using my own router rather than the generally poor specced routers most ISP's provide.

I have FTTP 900mb connection and use an Asus AX3000 router, my advice would be ditch the router your ISP provides they really  aren't up to the job. 

I have a dedicated mesh network, haven't used ISP routers for a decade 😉

Sky Stream
LG 55" G2 OLED
Virgin 1 Gig
Virgin v360
bydandie
Topic Author

How many of using WiFi with no issues have separated 5Ghz and 2.4Ghz channels and how many are using mesh?  I had no issues at all until the last fortnight but nothing has changed to the setup, which is the reason why Sky accepted the issue might be with the puck, but as the puck is owned by me they tried to change me £50 for a replacement which I politely declined.

To be honest, if the service works with ethernet I'll leave it unless support can still see the logs tonight - it's more than my life's worth to have the family complaining about the TV.

Sky Stream
LG 55" G2 OLED
Virgin 1 Gig
Virgin v360
This message was authored by Floydianslip This message was authored by: Floydianslip

@bydandie My 5Ghz and 2.4Ghz have been separated.

This message was authored by Exiled-in-HH This message was authored by: Exiled-in-HH

The client/server architecture Sky use on Pucks require access to a Sky server for the Streaming service to work... hence without a subscription Sky Pucks become door stops😂

Exiled in HH
bydandie
Topic Author

@Exiled-in-HH wrote:

The client/server architecture Sky use on Pucks require access to a Sky server for the Streaming service to work... hence without a subscription Sky Pucks become door stops😂

Not sure the point you are making?

Sky Stream
LG 55" G2 OLED
Virgin 1 Gig
Virgin v360
bydandie
Topic Author

@Floydianslip wrote:

@bydandie My 5Ghz and 2.4Ghz have been separated.

I wonder if that is a factor, I've never needed to separate on my mesh network but I know that sometimes WICs can get their proverbial in a twist when looking for the best signal.

Sky Stream
LG 55" G2 OLED
Virgin 1 Gig
Virgin v360
This message was authored by Exiled-in-HH This message was authored by: Exiled-in-HH

Just following up your lack of understanding of client/server software apps... without the server the client can't work😉

Exiled in HH
bydandie
Topic Author

@Exiled-in-HH wrote:

Just following up your lack of understanding of client/server software apps... without the server the client can't work😉

Mate, I've been working with client/server and content delivery systems since 2001, how about you? 😉

Your initial comment made no sense, and others have explained your lack of understanding as well 😉

Sky Stream
LG 55" G2 OLED
Virgin 1 Gig
Virgin v360

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion