Discussion topic: If I buy sky stream online will it cancel out my sky q contract when I plug it in. Or do I have to b

This message was authored by iretteri This message was authored by: iretteri

If I buy sky stream online will it cancel out my sky q contract when I plug it in. Or do I have to b

If I buy sky stream online will it cancel my sky Q subscription automatically 

Best Answers
This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood Answer

Re: If I buy sky stream online will it cancel out my sky q contract when I plug it in. Or do I have

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@iretteri 

The official answer from Sky, in the 'Here's the legal bit' at https://www.sky.com/tv/stream is:

Existing Sky TV customers moving to Streaming TV:

You can only have one Sky TV subscription at your address, so if you already have Sky Q or Sky+ , you will need to take a new TV subscription and choose a new TV package for Streaming TV. We will bill you for your existing Sky TV subscription until your Streaming TV subscription is activated. Billing for your Streaming TV subscription will start when you activate your Sky Glass TV or Sky Stream Puck. If you have Sky Q, you will need to send back your Sky Q boxes within 60 days of your cooling off period ending or you may incur a non-returns charge. Any third party subscriptions that you do not pay for through Sky but view on your current Sky platform will not be viewable on Sky Glass or Sky Stream Puck. Any recordings you have on Sky Q or Sky+ will not transfer to Sky Glass or Sky Stream Puck. Sky Store Buy and Keep purchases will still be accessible via the Sky Store app.

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood Answer

Re: If I buy sky stream online will it cancel out my sky q contract when I plug it in. Or do I have

@iretteri 

The official answer from Sky, in the 'Here's the legal bit' at https://www.sky.com/tv/stream is:

Existing Sky TV customers moving to Streaming TV:

You can only have one Sky TV subscription at your address, so if you already have Sky Q or Sky+ , you will need to take a new TV subscription and choose a new TV package for Streaming TV. We will bill you for your existing Sky TV subscription until your Streaming TV subscription is activated. Billing for your Streaming TV subscription will start when you activate your Sky Glass TV or Sky Stream Puck. If you have Sky Q, you will need to send back your Sky Q boxes within 60 days of your cooling off period ending or you may incur a non-returns charge. Any third party subscriptions that you do not pay for through Sky but view on your current Sky platform will not be viewable on Sky Glass or Sky Stream Puck. Any recordings you have on Sky Q or Sky+ will not transfer to Sky Glass or Sky Stream Puck. Sky Store Buy and Keep purchases will still be accessible via the Sky Store app.

iretteri
Topic Author

Thankyou for that. I thought I would have to call sky to change me over but if I can go to a store and buy it or order online as a new customer and just plug it in then that's good. 

This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

@iretteri 

No problem. Just be aware that if you are currently within a minimum contract term on Q then you won't be able to take out a rolling monthly contract on Stream, and the online system may tell you that you can't place an order.

iretteri
Topic Author

I will prob just call sky and do it that way. Keeps everything right then.  Appreciate you replying 👍

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion