Discussion topic: I have Sky stream and it keeps freezing multiple times daily

This message was authored by DeanRoyle This message was authored by: DeanRoyle

I have Sky stream and it keeps freezing multiple times daily

My Sky stream keeps freezing multiple times a day. I unplug it from the mains and leave it for about a minute before reconnecting. I have full fibre broadband (900mb) so this isn't the issue. Also it has just decided to put a parental lock on channels which I haven't asked for. Please help

All Replies

This message was authored by Padam_Padam This message was authored by: Padam_Padam

Re: I have Sky stream and it keeps freezing multiple times daily

@DeanRoyle wrote:

My Sky stream keeps freezing multiple times a day. I unplug it from the mains and leave it for about a minute before reconnecting. I have full fibre broadband (900mb) so this isn't the issue. Also it has just decided to put a parental lock on channels which I haven't asked for. Please help

Who is your ISP? Are you connecting via WiFi or ethernet? 

As for the parental lock - certain live channels will ask for a PIN pre-watershed if they are showing a programme with a 12+ rating. This may be what you are experiencing. This is an OFCOM regulation and cannot be over-ridden, even when there are only adults in a household. 

This message was authored by GD1 This message was authored by: GD1

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@DeanRoyle  How is the puck connecting to your hub?

If connected by wifi run the speedtest in the netflix app this will show the speed the puck is getting over wifi

Like you I'm a customer here, Sky Employees are clearly identified as such.
43" Glass TV & Puck Whole Home
Please note I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM, PM's are switched off.

DeanRoyle
Topic Author

Yes it's wifi, speed test is 135.2mb/s

thank you

DeanRoyle
Topic Author

It's BT fibre to the premises 900mb broadband. Yeah I have been told about the parental lock but it has only just started, I have had Stream for a few months now 🤷🏻‍♂️🤷🏻‍♂️

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion