Discussion topic: I am losing my connection now the box sits behind my television mounted on the wall.....

This message was authored by San1959 This message was authored by: San1959

I am losing my connection now the box sits behind my television mounted on the wall.....

either when I switch apps or switch off the television for the evening.

Best Answers
This message was authored by mikealanr This message was authored by: mikealanr Answer

Re: I am losing my connection now the box sits behind my television mounted on the wall.....

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

Hi @San1959 

Hiding the Stream puck behind the TV may interfere with the WiFi signal. The Puck needs a strong signal to function correctly. One setting to try to resolve the signal going when you turn the box off is to go into settings > startup and standby > turn Networked standby mode ON and overnight power saving OFF.

However if you are loosing WiFi during normal operation your only options are to connect via ethernet (turn WiFi off in settings) or reposition the puck.

MikeAlanR

---
65” Sky Glass ocean blue, Sky Live, 4 streaming pucks and EE FTTP Busiest Home (circa 1.6 Gbps download). Former Sky Q, Sky+ HD and Sky+ customer.

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by mikealanr This message was authored by: mikealanr Answer

Re: I am losing my connection now the box sits behind my television mounted on the wall.....

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

Hi @San1959 

Hiding the Stream puck behind the TV may interfere with the WiFi signal. The Puck needs a strong signal to function correctly. One setting to try to resolve the signal going when you turn the box off is to go into settings > startup and standby > turn Networked standby mode ON and overnight power saving OFF.

However if you are loosing WiFi during normal operation your only options are to connect via ethernet (turn WiFi off in settings) or reposition the puck.

MikeAlanR

---
65” Sky Glass ocean blue, Sky Live, 4 streaming pucks and EE FTTP Busiest Home (circa 1.6 Gbps download). Former Sky Q, Sky+ HD and Sky+ customer.
San1959
Topic Author
This message was authored by San1959 This message was authored by: San1959

Thanks @mikealanr 

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion