Discussion topic: I am a new user to sky and just bought a sky stream puck but I’m unable to setup connecting internet

This message was authored by Sheilababy This message was authored by: Sheilababy

I am a new user to sky and just bought a sky stream puck but I’m unable to setup connecting internet

I am a new user of sky and i just got the sky stream puck but I'm unable to connect to the internet. It says let get connected  I sing WiFi password, sky broadband customer or Ethernet. I don't have any WiFi password or anything. I have been trying to connect for 2 days and nothing seems to be working.

Kindly assist.

Sheila

Best Answers
This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood Answer

Re: I am a new user to sky and just bought a sky stream puck but I’m unable to setup connecting inte

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Sheilababy 

OK: Stream is the brand name for a Sky Television subscription service which requires an internet connection.

Stream itself is not any form of broadband, and doesn't provide connectivity for its own use or for other devices.

If you placed an order for Sky Broadband at the same time as the one for Sky Stream (there's almost always an option for this) then they'll send the Stream Puck hardware next day, but a Sky Broadband service has a minimum two week lead time. The Installation/Activation date is notified by email.

If you didn't order Sky Broadband and the property otherwise doesn't have an internet connection from another ISP then the puck is entirely without function until that is sourced from somewhere.

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

Re: I am a new user to sky and just bought a sky stream puck but I’m unable to setup connecting inte

Do you have a mobile? How is it connected to your router?

This message was authored by MarkGoldsmith This message was authored by: MarkGoldsmith

@Sheilababy wrote:

I am a new user of sky and i just got the sky stream puck but I'm unable to connect to the internet. It says let get connected  I sing WiFi password, sky broadband customer or Ethernet. I don't have any WiFi password or anything. I have been trying to connect for 2 days and nothing seems to be working.

Kindly assist.

Sheila

Wifi passwords are usually found on a sticker on the underneath or back of your router. If you still can't find it then you would need to connect an ethernet cable from the stream puck to your router in order to connect to the internet.

Sky Stream user. Former Sky+ HD and Sky Broadband customer
Please LIKE any responses you found helpful
Please mark a response as an ANSWER if it has solved your query/issue

NOT a Sky Employee

This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

@Sheilababy wrote:

I don't have any WiFi password or anything. 

What form of broadband are you intending to use?  Without some kind of internet connection (at an adequate speed) a Stream puck is entirely useless.

This message was authored by Dazzasky This message was authored by: Dazzasky

@Sheilababy wrote:

Kindly assist.

Sheila

You say you just bought a stream puck, where did you get it from? Sky dont sell the pucks they loan then to you as part of a subscription. 

Sheilababy
Topic Author
This message was authored by Sheilababy This message was authored by: Sheilababy

@Dazzasky yes I meant it's a subscription and I got it few days ago 

Sheilababy
Topic Author

Yes I have a mobile phone but it's not showing in it. And it's a stream puck. 

Sheilababy
Topic Author

It's just a sky stream puck. That's all they sent

This message was authored by mikealanr This message was authored by: mikealanr

Hi @Sheilababy 

Do you have a broadband internet connection? Your puck will not function without one. How do you access the internet home?

MikeAlanR

---
65” Sky Glass ocean blue, Sky Live, 4 streaming pucks and EE FTTP Busiest Home (circa 1.6 Gbps download). Former Sky Q, Sky+ HD and Sky+ customer.
Sheilababy
Topic Author

@mikealanr i just moved homes and subscribed to sky. They only sent the stream puck. 

This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood Answer

@Sheilababy 

OK: Stream is the brand name for a Sky Television subscription service which requires an internet connection.

Stream itself is not any form of broadband, and doesn't provide connectivity for its own use or for other devices.

If you placed an order for Sky Broadband at the same time as the one for Sky Stream (there's almost always an option for this) then they'll send the Stream Puck hardware next day, but a Sky Broadband service has a minimum two week lead time. The Installation/Activation date is notified by email.

If you didn't order Sky Broadband and the property otherwise doesn't have an internet connection from another ISP then the puck is entirely without function until that is sourced from somewhere.

Sheilababy
Topic Author

@TimmyBGood noted. Thanks🙂

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion