Discussion topic: Fast forward or rewind problems

This message was authored by Ant13 This message was authored by: Ant13

Fast forward or rewind problems

Does anyone have a fix for fast forward or rewind problem. Whenever I watch live TV or sky demand programmes fast forward or rewind does not work. Whatever speed I try it just sits there not moving. I can use the voice commands but then you have to guess when the programme starts again by going forward 20 seconds or back 10 seconds trying to find the start. Only thing I'm glad of is that I'm getting ad skipping for free at moment. 

Starting to get annoyed by sky stream 😤

All Replies

This message was authored by Jporch316 This message was authored by: Jporch316

Re: Fast forward or rewind problems

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Ant13 

Have you tried a plug out reboot for 5 minutes ?

——————————————————————————
43inch and 55 inch Sky Glass & 3 Pucks on virgin media M350 hub 5x. 4 x sky mobile sims. Pretend guitar aficionado .. rock on!
Ant13
Topic Author

Thanks for replying. Yeah I have tried turning it off for half an hour it doesn't do anything. I'm on the correct firmware version 16.007 I think it is. It's only on live TV or sky in demand stuff. Netflix , BB iPlayer etc all skip forward and back fine. 

This message was authored by Anonymous This message was authored by: Anonymous

I have to keep my finger pressed down on FF or RW. Try that 

Ant13
Topic Author

I tried holding the button down and strangely it does skip forward and back by 1 minute intervals. But if use 2x 6x or 30x it goes forward by 2 seconds then starts going backwards, so when you press play your in the same position you started at. 

Just a quickie which you probably already know but you can't forward live tv and you can only rewind to the point where you selected the channel 

Skys on demand shows should all forward and rewind though 

43inch and 55 inch Sky Glass & 3 Pucks on virgin media M350 hub 5x. 4 x sky mobile sims. Pretend guitar aficionado .. rock on!

@Ant13 I am in exactly the same position on both of my sky stream boxes. Quick question - although it shouldn't matter because they are blue tooth - out of interest are your boxes hidden ? Secondly do you have a Sonos speaker ?

It's maybe worth repairing the remote - try the below 

The remote can be reset and paired again following these steps;

1. Press and hold 7 and 9 together on your Sky remote for three seconds.
  2. Press and hold 4 and 6 together for three seconds.
  3. Press and hold 1 and 3 together for three seconds and follow the on-screen instructions.
Ant13
Topic Author

Hi, no my box is not hidden and I am using a soundbar but it's a Panasonic not a Sonos. The thing is it used to work, not everytime but now it's all sky on demand and live TV. 

Ant13
Topic Author

I have tried repairing the remote it didn't make any difference. It's used to work but I'm sure one of the updates has killed it. Annoying because sky stream was working quite well for me. 

@Ant13 @The boxes are just flakey is the honest answer 

There's normally a major update every month we haven't had one so far in April - you could wait to see if that cures it 

Ant13
Topic Author

Thanks for the help. Will wait for an update to hopefully fix it. Cheers

This message was authored by TechMaster This message was authored by: TechMaster

I mentioned this in another thread a few days ago, happens to me too, I was told by a Sky advisor it was a known issue that "should" be fixed in a future update.  So maybe the next firmware update will help. fingers crossed

This message was authored by Chloe-W22 This message was authored by: Chloe-W22

Posted by a Sky employee

Thanks @Ant13 for flagging, I've sent the feedback on. @TechMaster on the other thread you've mentioned issues with 'Watch from the Start', are your issues prevalent after you've decided to watch from the start and then try FFW/RW?

Chloe-W22

Community Manager

Have a story you want to share with us? Send your Thanks to Sky here

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion