Discussion topic: Cannot get sky stream uhd to recognise lg oled c1 tv uhd

This message was authored by Ian511 This message was authored by: Ian511

Cannot get sky stream uhd to recognise lg oled c1 tv uhd

Lg Oled c1 tv. Sky stream puck uhd does not recognise tv as being uhd

All Replies

This message was authored by Mister_Dalek This message was authored by: Mister_Dalek

Re: Cannot get sky stream uhd to recognise lg oled c1 tv uhd

@Ian511 wrote:

Lg Oled c1 tv. Sky stream puck uhd does not recognise tv as being uhd

Are you using the supplied HDMI cable? 

Have you tried a different HDMI cable and HDMI port on the TV?

Is the port enabled for HDR? 

Is the video output on the puck set to 2160P?

Try rebooting both the TV and the puck - turn them off at the wall for a minute then power back on. This will re-engage the HDMI handshake between the two devices. 

This message was authored by Chrisee This message was authored by: Chrisee

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Ian511 unplug both the TV and puck from the power leave it until the power led on the TV has gone out and power up again then power up the puck. Hopefully thst should sort the issue if it doesnt check the HDMI lead especially if it is very long.

Additionally check that in the Additional Picture settings menu on the TV that you have Selected Ultra HD Depp Colour option for the HDMI port the puck uses.

=========================================================
65inch Sky Glass, 3 Sky Streaming Pucks, Sky Ultrafast + and Sky SR213(white Wifi Max hub) main Wifi from 3 TP-Link Deco M4 units in access point mode
This message was authored by Nigelb1972 This message was authored by: Nigelb1972

@Ian511 Sky Stream uses HLG as it's HDR format of choice. Your TV appears to support HLG but it would seem that you have to turn it on via a secret menu. There are videos on YouTube if you Google the make, model & HLG..

@Nigelb1972 LG OLEDs recognise HLG out of the box you certainly dont need to make changes in the Service menu which users are strongly advised to avoid as it is easy to brick a TV by changing settings from there.

The UHD Deep Colour option I mentioned is in the normal picture settings menu.

65inch Sky Glass, 3 Sky Streaming Pucks, Sky Ultrafast + and Sky SR213(white Wifi Max hub) main Wifi from 3 TP-Link Deco M4 units in access point mode
This message was authored by Nigelb1972 This message was authored by: Nigelb1972

@Chrisee I didn't say anything about making changes within a service menu, I said it would appear to be a setting on that particular model that needs changing and pointed the OP in the direction of YouTube so can you calm down on your scaremongering and aggression please. 

This message was authored by Exiled-in-HH This message was authored by: Exiled-in-HH

@Nigelb1972 wrote:

@Chrisee I didn't say anything about making changes within a service menu, I said it would appear to be a setting on that particular model that needs changing and pointed the OP in the direction of YouTube so can you calm down on your scaremongering and aggression please. 

As @Chrisee  says the option is not on a secret menu😉

Exiled in HH

@Nigelb1972 i thought your use of the term "secret menu" was misleading as the only "secret" menu is the service menu and I thought the error needed to be corrected. Apologies if you thought I was being agresive.that wasn't the intent.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion