Discussion topic: Adding ITV4 Tour day France to playlist results in a playback from S4C

This message was authored by Mike178 This message was authored by: Mike178

Adding ITV4 Tour day France to playlist results in a playback from S4C

Why when I press the playback plus button for Tour de France highlights on itv4 and then try and watch the programme later it comes up with the bbc iPlayer in welsh.

Moderator note: Amended title to better reflect query

Best Answers
This message was authored by Daniel-F This message was authored by: Daniel-F Answer

Re: ITV 4 playback

Posted by a Sky employee

Hi all,

Just to provide a final update on this thread before we look to close this down moving forward.

Thanks again for taking the time to visit Sky Community to discuss the issues you had this year with Tour De France and Playlist.

When sports content is broadcast by different providers, the show centre within Playlist will prioritise the latest content using the episode number to determine the most recent. . In this instance, more content for Tour De France was shown on BBC instead of ITV, leading to the S4C coverage (part of BBC’s offering) taking priority. This meant having to scroll along the ‘Available now’ rail to find the ITV content with lower episode numbers on the page. We know this isn’t a great experience and as outlined by another user, this content will still be visible on ITVX to watch by manually searching.

Your feedback has been noted by the right teams and we aim to look at options to improve the overall customer experience moving forward.

Thanks,

Daniel
Community Moderator

View this Answer within the discussion

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

All Replies

This message was authored by Exiled-in-HH This message was authored by: Exiled-in-HH

Because you are being switched to S4C coverage😉

Exiled in HH
This message was authored by Fothergill1 This message was authored by: Fothergill1

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Mike178  Yes, it is highly annoying and happens a lot with the cycling coverage in general (it also happens with the Giro & Vuelta).   The Tour de France had the same issue last year as well.  I have got  around the issue by going into the ITVX app and adding the Tour highlights to "My List" (purely so I can find it easily).

Each evening I just go into ITVX to watch it.

------------------------------------------
If my post has solved your issue please mark as an "Answer"
If it has helped please give it a "Like"
This message was authored by Daniel-F This message was authored by: Daniel-F

Posted by a Sky employee

Hi all,

Thanks for reaching out and discussing this issue surrounding ITV4 playlist content offering iPlayer's S4C version.  

We have passed the feedback along to the relevant teams and should we hear anything further on this we will update the thread.  As previously mentioned., the content may be available on other apps such as ITVX.

Thanks,

Daniel
Community Moderator
This message was authored by Daniel-F This message was authored by: Daniel-F Answer

Posted by a Sky employee

Hi all,

Just to provide a final update on this thread before we look to close this down moving forward.

Thanks again for taking the time to visit Sky Community to discuss the issues you had this year with Tour De France and Playlist.

When sports content is broadcast by different providers, the show centre within Playlist will prioritise the latest content using the episode number to determine the most recent. . In this instance, more content for Tour De France was shown on BBC instead of ITV, leading to the S4C coverage (part of BBC’s offering) taking priority. This meant having to scroll along the ‘Available now’ rail to find the ITV content with lower episode numbers on the page. We know this isn’t a great experience and as outlined by another user, this content will still be visible on ITVX to watch by manually searching.

Your feedback has been noted by the right teams and we aim to look at options to improve the overall customer experience moving forward.

Thanks,

Daniel
Community Moderator

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion