Discussion topic: Subtitles on sky store movies

This message was authored by NattyTee This message was authored by: NattyTee

Subtitles on sky store movies

My mom is deaf and wanting to watch many movies and tv programmes both on demand and sky store but is unable to due to the lack of subtitles. Is there anyway to enable subtitles? 

All Replies

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

Re: Subtitles on sky store movies

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

To enable subtitles if you are using a Sky+ box press the Sky button it it followed by the help one and change the subtitle option to on. 

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can
This message was authored by mancsmark This message was authored by: mancsmark

I have never been able to get subtitles to work on sky store movies - is this something that has recently been added?

---------------------------------------
Now TV Entertainment & Cinema pass holder - no longer a Sky subscriber
This message was authored by Anonymous This message was authored by: Anonymous

Hi @mancsmark

Thanks for posting on the Sky Store Community.

We provide subtitles for many of our top pick rental titles in Sky Store, and you can see which rental titles include subtitles by looking for the "S" symbol in the programme synopsis.  Currently, subtitles are not available on the HD digital content on Buy & Keep purchases from Sky Store, but we are working on adding this in the future. Many DVD / Blu-ray copies included with HD digital + DVD/Blu-ray Buy & Keep purchases will include subtitles on the physical media, however.

Latest information about subtitles can be found at https://accessibility.sky.com/

Hi @Anonymous - have you got an example of a title in Sky Store that has subtitles? I have looked through a few of them but can't see the S symbol on any of them?

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

I can see some, among others these have subtitles:

The Meg

The Eqalizer 2

Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom

Skyscraper

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can
This message was authored by Lynda+L This message was authored by: Lynda+L

I have purchased game of thrones 1 to 7 season.

sadly has no subtitiles and if i knew then i would not of purchased it.

I have watched season 1 on now tv which has subtitles and thought this will continue with subtitles from sky store.

please refund my money which i have paid £55 !

@caesarome wrote:

I can see some, among others these have subtitles:

The Meg

The Eqalizer 2

Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom

Skyscraper

Oh yes how odd, so if you rent a title some have subtitles, but if you purchase any they don't... wonder who made that decision lol.

@Lynda+L wrote:

I have purchased game of thrones 1 to 7 season.

sadly has no subtitiles and if i knew then i would not of purchased it.

I have watched season 1 on now tv which has subtitles and thought this will continue with subtitles from sky store.

please refund my money which i have paid £55 !

I would definitely try and get a refund - purchase Game of Thrones on amazon or itunes, sky store won't be getting a penny off me until subtitles are widely available.

This message was authored by SYLVIAS+PC This message was authored by: SYLVIAS+PC

I also have a problem with my hearing. I find many films without subs and also more anoying. you select or download a film, and the subs are maybe a minute in front of the actual dialog. That is so frustrating to the point where i turn it off alltogether.

This message was authored by Federica-C This message was authored by: Federica-C

@SYLVIAS+PC wrote:

I also have a problem with my hearing. I find many films without subs and also moreanoyingg. you select or download a film, and the subs are maybe a minute in front of the actual dialog. That is so frustrating to the point where i turn it offalltogetherr.

Hi @SYLVIAS+PC,

I'd advise to submit your feedback to the Sky Store team directly here https:/wwwwskystoree.com/nhcuss/help/contact-us. 

Also, for future reference, the contact page for our Accessibility team is https://accessibility.sky.com/contact-us/

Federica-C
Community Manager

We're interested in your ideas for improving Sky Go, Sky Q & Sky Broadband.

Browse the latest customer ideas or add your own. 

This message was authored by GSDWWillis This message was authored by: GSDWWillis

Working hard Sky?

It’s now 2020 and what has changed?? Not a lot.

This message was authored by Lofty777 This message was authored by: Lofty777

I've had this problem for years which sky is very anti deaf friendly, putting subtitles on is for TV guide which comes up in white to tell you which TV programmes has got subtitles but as for sky movies or sky cinema it's **bleep**. All for hearing audience. Lack of equality and very discriminations by sky to deaf payers 

This message was authored by gillysixpence This message was authored by: gillysixpence

Not someone that struggles with their hearing clearly! It's so annoying in this day and age to still be struggling to hear what is said. 

This message was authored by zzr11jet This message was authored by: zzr11jet

Yes, you can get movies with subtitles...on Amazon Prime with the Firestick. Huge stock of movies, way more than Sky, and they're often alot cheaper cheaper to watch. Don't have any use for dvds as every single film I want to watch is available immediately on my phone, tablet or laptop/PC.

Also, navigating Amazon is alot faster and user friendly than Now TV/Skystore. It's like comparing a DOS system desktop computer with an HP laptop running an Intel i5 processor. It's been like this for years and I doubt it's likely to change any time soon.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion