Discussion topic: Sky store credit

This message was authored by Sky+store+credit This message was authored by: Sky+store+credit

Sky store credit

I have been credited £5.99 for a film via a nestle offer. I watched the film  in November but now I have been charged for it in January and credit is showing on my account. Can you help please

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

All Replies

This message was authored by Anonymous This message was authored by: Anonymous

Re: Sky store credit

Hi @Sky+store+credit Thanks for your post, and welcome to the Sky Community.

SkyStore.com vouchers (including the Nestle ones) do need to be redeemed and spent online at SkyStore.com. Orders placed via the SkyStore.com website are billed directly to the credit/debit card you enter when you create the online account, or use the voucher credit provided from vouchers.

If you have been billed on your monthly Sky TV bill, and your online voucher credit is still there, you will have placed the order via your Sky box.

As we don't have account access via the Sky Community, if you would like to discuss this further, you can contact us here via telephone, email or live chat. Please see https://www.skystore.com/n/hcus/help/contact-us for all our contact details. We are here to help 7 days a week from 9.00 am until 10.00 pm

Regards,

This message was authored by Chris-S99 This message was authored by: Chris-S99

Hmmm, just fell for this scam too. Yes, one should always read all the fine print carefully....but who does, and just how misleading and deceptive is this practice?

This message was authored by daveNOS This message was authored by: daveNOS

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Chris-S99 So explain how it's a scam when its explained in the terms and conditions how to redeem and use the credit?

If you don't read the terms and conditions then that's your fault, it's not a scam, misleading or deceptive, take responsibility for your mistake.

-------- Please note i am not a Sky employee ----------
This message was authored by Chris-S99 This message was authored by: Chris-S99

I said I should, did I not?

The entire branding/look/feel is indentical, yet, one path gets you a bill, the other uses your credit.  At the very best, it's disingenuous. I feel ripped off by it - nothing you can say will change how I feel about that! Calling it a scam, perhaps you're right, not an illegal act after all, but I'd certainly go with 'bad faith', 'bamboozle' or a few other synonyms for it.

Fool me once, shame on me - I accept that. Sadly, this is coming off the back  of some 'inertia marketing' that I fell for from Sky as well - the bundles keep changing over the years and have recently discovered I've been paying for stuff I never wanted but when I took out the package, had no option about. On the plus side, at least I now have the option to opt out, and have done so.

So, as you said yourself, move on.

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion