Discussion topic: Sky Store & Warner Brothers

This message was authored by kane98472580 This message was authored by: kane98472580

Sky Store & Warner Brothers

Hi!

Quite disappointed that from what I’ve read the sky store won’t have Fantastic Beasts on it when it’s released. Does anyone know if Sky are working to get Warner titles back? 

Thanks in advance 🙂 

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

All Replies

This message was authored by debs2151977 This message was authored by: debs2151977

Re: Sky Store & Warner Brothers

Not sure but there was same issue with Disney last year but finally got them movies  back.

So fingers crossed same will happen with Warner movies

My set up

LG 65UH770V
Sky Q 2TB
1 x Sky Mini
Sky fibre unlimited
This message was authored by StargazerUK1984 This message was authored by: StargazerUK1984

It's not just sky. I belive warner has been pulling digital content from alot of places like amazon. I belive its to do with launching their own streaming service so they not been making their recient content avilable else where digitally.

It looks like they want it under one roof well and teared service in the US but hopfully it will expand to the UK and remove the likes of HBO from sky and it be under one streaming roof. 

Disney + might be aiming to do the same with its own streaming but it will be interesting to see if they pull content from stores. Apart from blu-rays warner seems to be trying to end digital sales in favor for its streaming but I don't think disney are that stupid.

I personally am in favor of the anthing that offers choice and allows me to ditch sky. Please Warner stick to your guns and remove the likes of HBO and arrow verse from sky and put it on your streaming platform. I noticed most of my TV shows are warner and I can then view them in the correct 24p and not skys crappy 50i. That lower my bill by quite a bit Just need the studios to follow disney's and warner's example.

This message was authored by Anonymous This message was authored by: Anonymous

@StargazerUK1984 wrote:

It's not just sky. I belive warner has been pulling digital content from alot of places like amazon. I belive its to do with launching their own streaming service so they not been making their recient content avilable else where digitally.

It looks like they want it under one roof well and teared service in the US but hopfully it will expand to the UK and remove the likes of HBO from sky and it be under one streaming roof. 

Disney + might be aiming to do the same with its own streaming but it will be interesting to see if they pull content from stores. Apart from blu-rays warner seems to be trying to end digital sales in favor for its streaming but I don't think disney are that stupid.

I personally am in favor of the anthing that offers choice and allows me to ditch sky. Please Warner stick to your guns and remove the likes of HBO and arrow verse from sky and put it on your streaming platform. I noticed most of my TV shows are warner and I can then view them in the correct 24p and not skys crappy 50i. That lower my bill by quite a bit Just need the studios to follow disney's and warner's example.

Not sure if I'm correct here, but won't that mean yet another provider to pay a subscription to? And Disney as well?

Do we know yet if these are going to be subscription services or will it be like the Rakuten app I have on my TV whereby I only pay for what I rent or buy without any subs? Not sure customers will want to be paying even more monthly fees to access content.

This message was authored by debs2151977 This message was authored by: debs2151977

Looks like it going to be streaming apps for each individual movie company's, which is going to be a pain. I would prefer to buy all in one place

My set up

LG 65UH770V
Sky Q 2TB
1 x Sky Mini
Sky fibre unlimited
This message was authored by StargazerUK1984 This message was authored by: StargazerUK1984

I personally prefer if it was all in one place either Netflix or Amazon because of no ads and correct framerate. But also I prefer the choice.

Warner media was talking a tear service but I believe it was all going to be under one roof so all of HBO, DC all together.  Disney+ I believe would be the same so all of marvel, Lucas film and Disney/fox (looks like the deal is going through) under one roof that's it should always be offered and if the price is right then it could be cheaper then sky and getting more value for money.

Also Disney is planning on taking hulu international as well. Be interesting to see what happens with the future of streaming. There is alot of crap on sky and so many channels I want to ditch like all SD channels and have a lower bill. If these streaming offer their subs via Amazon as well like CBS does in the states then that be even better. 

This message was authored by Pacco65 This message was authored by: Pacco65

@debs2151977 wrote:

Looks like it going to be streaming apps for each individual movie company's, which is going to be a pain. I would prefer to buy all in one place

Seems to be the way the television market is going for everything unfortunately - sports, movies, even general entertainment. Competition was supposed to make things better for the consumer, but with each provider trying to establish a USP by the blunt instrument of exclusivity, it is just making it worse and worse, meaning that we either have to miss out on a load of stuff, or subscribe to ever more services - which ultimately costs us more.

The whole idea of studios going direct to consumers and streaming is to compete with Netflix. The studios know they can't get away with so little content on their streaming platforms.

It might lead to more but if it leads to consolidation so Disney+ is marvel, Lucas film and fox under one streaming then that's good. Same if Warner did it for HBO, DC, TNT insteading of spreading it out. I think streaming has changed the face of the industry and they know it.

It might lead to it being cheaper or not but Disney already stated disney + might be cheaper then Netflix and streaming services need to offer alot at a competitive price and I hope the other studios get on board with the consolidation idea and a good streaming service. 

This message was authored by Ben2388 This message was authored by: Ben2388

Hi there,

Thank you for contacting the Sky Store team.

Currently we do not sell any Warner Brothers films, this is due to not having a deal with them where we are able to sell their content. We have no plans to sell their content in the near future.

If you have any further queries, feel free to reply to this Email, or find other contact methods by clicking here.

Regards

Phil
Sky Store Support Team

This message was authored by steve30x This message was authored by: steve30x

@kane98472580 wrote:

Hi!

Quite disappointed that from what I’ve read the sky store won’t have Fantastic Beasts on it when it’s released. Does anyone know if Sky are working to get Warner titles back? 

Thanks in advance 🙂 

For the time being We have Amazonco.uk and other stores we can buy warner brothers TV shows and moves from. Its just a pitty SKY lost the contract. I was about to buy the friends boxset but you lost the contract a few days before I had the money to do so,

SKY Q 2TB 32B064
LG 50UQ7006
Sony STR DN1020
This message was authored by Sooty78 This message was authored by: Sooty78

is there any update on the Warner Brothers deal as Sky customers are clearly missing out on a whole host of content whcih devalues the overall package Sky offer. If there is no new deal to be had does this mean that Sky will in turn cut their prices??

This message was authored by Plektrum This message was authored by: Plektrum

@Sooty78 wrote:

is there any update on the Warner Brothers deal as Sky customers are clearly missing out on a whole host of content whcih devalues the overall package Sky offer. If there is no new deal to be had does this mean that Sky will in turn cut their prices??

The deal is for transactional video and physical discs - nothing to do with your subscription (and the deal for subscription movies is still ongoing) so no, the lack of WB content in the store will likely not reduce sub prices. 

—————————————————————————————————————————————————
Still in search of a great signature! I’ll get there one day!
This message was authored by trevforum This message was authored by: trevforum

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

I see Crazy Rich Asians is premiering tomorrow on Sky Cinema.  This is a WB film that was not available on Sky Store but is on Sky Cinema.  Bodes well for A Star is Born and Aquaman?

——————————————————-
Sky Stream, Sky Glass, Panasonic DX902, Pioneer LX-901 7.1.4
This message was authored by Plektrum This message was authored by: Plektrum

@trevforum wrote:

I see Crazy Rich Asians is premiering tomorrow on Sky Cinema.  This is a WB film that was not available on Sky Store but is on Sky Cinema.  Bodes well for A Star is Born and Aquaman?

I would expect all 2018 theatrical Warner Bros releases to land on Sky - most of these output deals usually span calender years so Aquaman, Star and Fantastic Beasts should all be on over the next few months.

This deal is for transaction VOD - the subsciption VOD continues and is subject to a different contract and terms. My guess? It's probably a dispute over something boring like wholesale pricing for digital and disc content. 

—————————————————————————————————————————————————
Still in search of a great signature! I’ll get there one day!
This message was authored by steve30x This message was authored by: steve30x

Whats going on with the warner brothers deal? I just saw Fantastic beasts and the crimes of Grindewald on the sky store? If the deal is back on please put the friends TV box set on blu ray on sale again

SKY Q 2TB 32B064
LG 50UQ7006
Sony STR DN1020

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion