Discussion topic: Rented movie can not find on tv

This message was authored by Jay+73 This message was authored by: Jay+73

Rented movie can not find on tv

I have rented greatest show man and charged have email confrontation but it does not appear in my rentals on tv only in my library on app where I do not want to watch it 

where can I find on tv

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

All Replies

This message was authored by Dazzasky This message was authored by: Dazzasky

Re: Rented movie can not find on tv

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Jay+73 wrote:

I have rented greatest show man and charged have email confrontation but it does not appear in my rentals on tv only in my library on app where I do not want to watch it 

where can I find on tv

Hi @Jay+73 Unfortunately if you want to view via yoursky box and tv then you have to rent it via the sky box. You can only watch rentals on the device that you ordered on.

This message was authored by Buudha This message was authored by: Buudha

Hi Jay,

On the e-mail that I received from sky confirming my rental, it tells me that I can play it on any registered device, but I cannot see it to play on either registered tv?

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

With rented titles you can only watch it o the device you rented it on, so if you rented it on the sky box then it should be in the purchases section. If you rented it on something else then you can only watch it back on that device.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can

Caesarome, 

The purchase confirmation email that you get back from sky, says that you can play it on any device that you have registered.

That is correct for Buy and Keep purchases but not for rented films.

__________________________________________________________________________________________

This is the e-mail I was sent:

When can I watch it? 

You have until 30th January to start watching your movie. You can watch it on one registered device at a time and once you press "play", it's yours to play and pause for 48 hours. 

Where can I find it? 

Once you are logged in, you'll find your title in the Rented tab of My library on all your registered devices. 

How can I watch it? 

Your Sky Store title in SD is ready to watch at home or on the go - whenever you are connected. 
To watch your purchase on your compatible mobile / tablet, download the app from iTunes or Google Play. 

That email is telling you that you can watch it via your online device only, so things like tablets, iphones etc because there isn't a "My Library" section on a Sky box.

This message was authored by Angelxoxo This message was authored by: Angelxoxo

This is an absolute scam and is NOT clear in the ts and cs.....yet another way for Sky to make even more money from it's customers. Disappointing and dreadful customer experience.

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion