Discussion topic: Release date for Five Nights at Freddy’s

This message was authored by Esther3T This message was authored by: Esther3T

Release date for Five Nights at Freddy’s

Anyone have any idea when we can rent / purchase FANF's on sky store - my son is just too young to go to the cinema!?

All Replies

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

Re: Release date for Five Nights at Freddy’s

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

This is from Sky yesterday:

https://helpforum.sky.com/t5/What-s-On/Peacock-TV-UK-Five-nights-at-Freddy-s/m-p/4462534/highlight/t...

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can
This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

@Esther3T 

It's quite possible that Sky themselves have no idea at this time: ultimately that's a choice for the studio/distributor and will be based on their analysis of sales of physical cinema seats.

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2
This message was authored by naryan This message was authored by: naryan

This is where the sky pre-order system on Sky Premier lets everyone down. 

The original promotion heavily impied that you'll be able to watch the latest cinema releases at home for a premium fee (in line with a full priced cinema ticket for a digital release) which is a fair transaction given you cannot transfer from the service.

However each pre-order release on the Sky Store does NOT indicate that these will be made available immediately after leaving the cinema, nor will be released during the cinema run leading to consumer confusion. 

Likewise the media HEAVILY promoting that the film has arrived to streaming service Peacock without indication its US only has also mudded the waters given the Peacock service the UK was meant to have originally received was promoted as a full app and a perk to have in the Sky infrastructure.
If you're considering canceling the pre-order, good news - YOU CAN'T. presently there is no way to cancel on the box directly before Sky eventually releases, nor does the purchase show up in your orders on sky.com.

you would've thought Sky, Virgin, BT would've been in conversation with Peacock to secure the digital release over the Halloween period, given peoples appetite for the movie thanks to a successful promotional campaign, before many resort to VPN / pirating to maximise sales. But again sadly our UK media teams missed the mark.

Given the average delay time to VoD is 12 weeks to 6months, i'm not counting on this hitting release until post Jan, but of course how many people will have pre-ordered to watch (or believe re-rewatch) this through the sky store only to be let down, when they find out they don't have instant access..

This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

@naryan wrote:

Likewise the media HEAVILY promoting that the film has arrived to streaming service Peacock without indication its US only has also mudded the waters

To be fair, Sky is not entirely responsible for non-Sky media sources getting their facts wrong.

you would've thought Sky, Virgin, BT would've been in conversation with Peacock to secure the digital release over the Halloween period,

They may have tried but been unable to agree a price, or the product may just not have been available.

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2
This message was authored by Tasha9871 This message was authored by: Tasha9871

Has anyone managed to access FNAF? I preordered weeks ago and sky says it available to watch now but when I click on my purchase it only says play trailer and it won't let me acces the film.

This message was authored by mike+simmonds This message was authored by: mike+simmonds

Hi @Tasha9871 

If you log in to your Skystore account online - see if FNAF appears in your library - and if so , select "send to box"

Then (I'm assuming here you have Sky Q) go to your recordings / purchases on your box and see if it's there. 

Sky customer since 1989.
Sky Q 2TB main box
LG CX6LA from 2020

Have a look at Sky Store – A quick guide for users

Have a look at Maximising the sound quality of your Sky Soundbox

This message was authored by Tasha9871 This message was authored by: Tasha9871

Thank you for the advice @mike+simmonds  it's in my library but it won't let me send it across for some reason and still only says play trailer. I'll see what I can sort. 

This message was authored by mike+simmonds This message was authored by: mike+simmonds

The Skystore support team are open now.  They should be able to help 

this is the link 

https://www.skystore.com/n/hcus/help/contact-us 

Sky customer since 1989.
Sky Q 2TB main box
LG CX6LA from 2020

Have a look at Sky Store – A quick guide for users

Have a look at Maximising the sound quality of your Sky Soundbox

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion