Discussion topic: Purchased film won’t download

This message was authored by SRobbo1234 This message was authored by: SRobbo1234

Purchased film won’t download

Anyone know how to resolve the issue where the purchased films (on sky q) won’t download this is older films and one purchased this week. 

Best Answers
This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome Answer

Re: Purchased film won’t download

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

Have you tried a box reboot at the mains ?

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can

View this Answer within the discussion

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

All Replies

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome Answer

Have you tried a box reboot at the mains ?

__________________________________________________________________________________________
SRobbo1234
Topic Author
This message was authored by SRobbo1234 This message was authored by: SRobbo1234

No yet I shall try that now

thank you

This message was authored by Xxstephaniexx3 This message was authored by: Xxstephaniexx3

Not sure if I’m on the right thread here so sorry if i am! I purchased a rental which has downloaded on to my phone but not my tv how do I get it on my tv? It’s just an hd box

SRobbo1234
Topic Author

It’s worked after rebooting the box.

thanks for your help

This message was authored by Xxstephaniexx3 This message was authored by: Xxstephaniexx3

Do I just turn it off for a few seconds

This message was authored by bob1234 This message was authored by: bob1234

@Xxstephaniexx3 wrote:

Do I just turn it off for a few seconds

A few minutes at least just "flicking" it off then on can cause more problems.

It’s just an hd box,  I’ve read it has to be a sky q box in order to watch a film I have rented through the app on my phone, is this correct

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

@Xxstephaniexx3 wrote:

Not sure if I’m on the right thread here so sorry if i am! I purchased a rental which has downloaded on to my phone but not my tv how do I get it on my tv? It’s just an hd box

@Xxstephaniexx3

You will be unable to watch the rented film on your Sky box as it can only be watched on what device you purchased it from, this only applies to rented films and not Buy and Keep as you can then watch these on your box.

This message was authored by galballygirl This message was authored by: galballygirl

I found the movie I wanted to download wasn't top of the queue in the "download" tab of the planner, moved it to the top of the queue and it downloaded immediately

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion