Discussion topic: Buy and keep credit limit reached

This message was authored by Jessicake This message was authored by: Jessicake

Buy and keep credit limit reached

Tried to buy and keep the greatest showman today and was told my credit limit was reached. My bill is paid upto date and there are no films on this month's bill so how can I have reached my limit? Can I do anything to resolve the problem?

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

All Replies

This message was authored by daveNOS This message was authored by: daveNOS

Re: Buy and keep credit limit reached

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Jessicake You will need to speak with Sky directly in order to solve this issue.

-------- Please note i am not a Sky employee ----------
This message was authored by Dazzasky This message was authored by: Dazzasky

@Jessicake wrote:

Tried to buy and keep the greatest showman today and was told my credit limit was reached. My bill is paid upto date and there are no films on this month's bill so how can I have reached my limit? Can I do anything to resolve the problem?

Hi @Jessicake Unfortunately this is not something the community can help with, you will need to contact Sky directly and they will be able to sort it out for you. 
https://www.skystore.com/n/hcus/contact-us

This message was authored by Joe+Fabulous This message was authored by: Joe+Fabulous

I am getting the same message when I try to order a Movie rental. I cant work around it.

This message was authored by daveNOS This message was authored by: daveNOS

@Joe+Fabulous Funnily enough the same advice applies to you as it does the the OP.

You need to call Sky directly to sort the problem.

-------- Please note i am not a Sky employee ----------
This message was authored by Joe+Fabulous This message was authored by: Joe+Fabulous

In practical terms they are not available as they are helping a lot of people. I have been waiting on a Live Chat response for 45 minutes. I have now emailed and received an auto mated response promising attention with 5 days.

In any case my reason for posting was to add my voice to the problem. Unless folk do that a widespread System error can go unnoticed.

This message was authored by Christine91xx This message was authored by: Christine91xx

Same issue how can I resolve already spent over an hour trying to get through to sky! Not happy 

This message was authored by Maureen1111 This message was authored by: Maureen1111

I have the same problem so when i log into my sky store account through the app it tells me i have insufficient credit to cover the rental so I ordered it through the app since i couldnt through the tv and now i can't watch it through the sky box on my TV, totally waste of money because I'm not watching a 2 1/4hr film on my phone.

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

@Maureen1111 wrote:

I have the same problem 

Your issue here is different to what the others are talking about, they are discussing the spending limit on their Sky Store account.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can

@Maureen1111 wrote:

I have the same problem so when i log into my sky store account through the app it tells me i have sufficint credit to cover the rental so I ordered it through the app since i couldnt through the tv and now i can't watch it through the sky box on my TV, totally waste of money because I'm not watching a 2 1/4hr film on my phone.

Hi Maureen. Just to clarify. Did you try to rent a movie as normal through your Sky Box and got a dopey message about not enough credit on your viewing card? That was the start of my problem.

This message was authored by Maureen1111 This message was authored by: Maureen1111

When i tried to rent a movie on sky store through my sky box it said I have insufficint credit but when I logged in through the app i have credit

I don’t normally have any interaction with Sky Store. I just want to rent a movie as normal on my Sky Q Box. That’s why I don’t understand why it’s referring to Credit and limit being reached. 

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

@Maureen1111 wrote:

When i tried to rent a movie on sky store through my sky box it said I have insufficint credit but when I logged in through the app i have credit

Your viewing card has a spending limit on to prevent overspending which is why you are seeing that message so contacting Sky support is the only way to get it fixed. 

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can

I eventually go through by Messanger. They reset the Credit Limit. There was no out of ordinary expenditure. I think it may glitch from time to time. 

phoned sky and issue resolved! They took the credit limit flag off my account- apparently its something the system applies to accounts randomly. Re the movie i bought on the sky store app on my phone, i was told to go ahead as if i was buying it on my sky box and that i wouldnt be charged for it again- if I am, I've to call back and they'll refund it. 

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion