Discussion topic: Sky sound box & ps4

This message was authored by aitkenp1234 This message was authored by: aitkenp1234

Sky sound box & ps4

Hello

I connect my sky q into my sound box - works magic. How can I get my ps4 involved with the sound box? I see there is a USB slot on the sound box, could I connect that to my ps4?

Peter

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

All Replies

This message was authored by skinner1965 This message was authored by: skinner1965

Re: Sky sound box & ps4

@aitkenp1234 wrote:

Hello

I connect my sky q into my sound box - works magic. How can I get my ps4 involved with the sound box? I see there is a USB slot on the sound box, could I connect that to my ps4?

Peter

PS4 HDMI into TV. Out of TV via optical into soundbox 

As per instructions 

https://www.sky.com/help/diagnostics/sky-soundbox/sky-soundbox-sky-q-boxes

BT Ultra Infinity. Apple Time Capsule. Sky Q 2TB watching UHD through a LG OLED55B7 and listening through a soundbox. Multiroom with 2 miniboxes
Forum ban incoming!
This message was authored by best+of+the+best This message was authored by: best+of+the+best

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@aitkenp1234 wrote:

Hello

Peter

@aitkenp1234 Soundbox into tv via hdmi and optical Sky Q into soundbox via hdmi

Ps4 into tv via hdmi changed Audio settings to optical as primary source in ps4 settings.

Speaker settings on tv is set to internal speaker+optical for the sound to come out of the soundbox from the ps4.

This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@aitkenp1234

The USB slot on the Soundbox is there to allow firmware upgrades from USB memory stick.  It does not serve any audio function.

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2
aitkenp1234
Topic Author
This message was authored by aitkenp1234 This message was authored by: aitkenp1234

Thank you all. Managed to figure out a different solution. HDMI Splitter into the soundbox, ps4+sky q+ wii connected into the splitter. Sound box into the tv. Allows sound box to be used for all three. Perfect!

This message was authored by KezzaRed This message was authored by: KezzaRed

What HDMI splitter have you used? I've had mine like that but the sky box doesn't run very well. When I take the splitter out of the equation the sky box works fine. I need a splitter so I can use Xbox like you are using PS4, thanks

aitkenp1234
Topic Author

osmon Technology 3.1 out of 5 stars 30 Reviews Fosmon 3-Port HDMI Switch, HDR, HDMI 2.0, HDCP 2.2, 4K@60HZ 1080p [Automatic Switching | Nylon Braided Pigtail Cable] Wall Mountable Switcher Splitter for Apple TV 4K, HDTV, Game Consoles, PC & More

bought from Amazon. Works amazingly well I forget its there!

Thanks for reply. Thats interesting as that's exactly what I bought about 3 weeks ago. I've ended up putting it on a really old splitter I bought about 10 years ago. Don't know why that one doesn't work very well there must be some interference, cheers

aitkenp1234
Topic Author

I switch the tv on, switch the sky q on and then switch the sound box on. It all works. If I want the PS4 on, I switch the sky q box off and switch the PS4 on and it all switches over. Not sure if this is the full automation anybody is looking for but it works for me 😁
This message was authored by Mrblack88 This message was authored by: Mrblack88

I'm interested to see if this will work. 

Could you not connect the ps4 to soundbox via optical 

Sky by hdmi 

The splitter I bought and the post on here with the same one works well. I thought there was some issues with it but it turned out to be a sky issue which is now fixed. I run my Xbox on the splitter along with the sky mini and it works well

This message was authored by toz6666 This message was authored by: toz6666

Guys,

had my soundbox delivered today.

and I'm having similar issues , and one that's actually just happened as I'm typing this question.

so on sky it's amazing.

but I can not get my PS4 or in tv apps to play through it.

i have my hdmis through a similar device you speak of, so in theory it's a splitter like you guys are talking off here.

but it doesn't work

i can't connect an optical right now as I can't get acces to my optical on the tv.

So If I was to get this splitter were are you guys placing it.

baring in mind I already have a similar one

tv in to main splitter 

all the rest are in the slots

soundbox

ps4

xbox

so any help on this would appreciate it.

the problem that literally just happened is I have put football on.

and weirdly I can hear all ground/spectator sounds perfectly , but the commentaters are badly muffled, like there talking through a sock...

seriously can not hear them.

so first day started well, now it's getting annoying.

any help at all appreciated.

LG65" TV

I'll try and help

I've got Xbox One and Sky Q mini

TV to Soundbox via HDMI

Soundbox to splitter

Splitter to Sky Q mini and Xbox One

I do have an issue with sound dropouts on Xbox One but that's an Xbox issue

Try that and see how you go

I forgot, if I play anything Netflix or Amazon through the TV I have to tell the Soundbox to do optical and do have an optical connected, don't need to do that if I'm using Xbox One as it goes through splitter

So yes you will need an optical to use apps on the TV unless you use Netflix through Sky, sorry just thinking of things as I go along 😁

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion