SKY SOUNDBOX DELIVERY, SET-UP AND ATTEMPTING TO RETURN SHAMBLES

Viewer
Post 1 of 5

SKY SOUNDBOX DELIVERY, SET-UP AND ATTEMPTING TO RETURN SHAMBLES

TO WHOM IT MIGHT CONCERN (PROBABLY NO-ONE AT SKY)

SKY SOUNDBOX

ORDER NO: Can’t find out.

(Subscribed to for decades)

THE STORY SO FAR – our appalling customer experience

The Soundbox was ordered and paid for by me – I am a retiree and used my Pension winter heating allowance facilitate the payment.

Delivery was advised for Monday 3rd December 2018

Text and e-mail received that the goods would be delivered Saturday 1st December 2018

Further text received giving 1hour window for delivery

Despite our re-arranging our plans for Saturday in order to be onsite goods did not arrive.

Spent loads of time trying to ascertain a contact telephone number for the courier company and after 20 minutes of waiting my call was answered by an off-hand person who said he couldn’t do anything and that I was to contact Sky. Then a text arrived from the courierwith a photo of the house porch the parcel was left in but obviously not signed for. (It wasn’t our porch!)

Spent a further 30 minutes or so trying to identify how to contact Sky and complain about non-delivery.

Received a vague text saying the matter would be looked into.

Today is Wednesday the 5th of December still no contact from Sky.

In the interim we researched the properties in our area (we are in a very rural agricultural area of Wales) and by due diligence found that the parcel had been delivered without signature in the porch of a farmhouse some 3 miles from our location. Drove to the location on Saturday night and retrieved the parcel.

Set the soundbox up as per the instructions supplied to be driven by my LG smart TV.

Then the nightmare began:-

Various hardware and software faults manifested themselves displaying to me indicating that the item was not fit for use and causing me to visit various on-line forums including the SKY company forum to seek guidance. The upshot seems to be that a whole spectrum of intermittent faults are common when trying to configure a SKY sound box with an LG TV. After 4 days of trying to ‘fix’ the intermittent faults I’ve given up as my viewing experience is still constantly interrupted and spoiled by the myriad of faults that randomly occur and usability is totally compromised.

P.S. Wednesday - We have spent the best part of this morning trying to elicit some information from SKY as to how we go about returning the soundbox – waiting 15 minutes to get through to the CS team by telephone and then after bouts of holding whilst the person had to ask her manager how to return an item got fobbed off by her saying she’d made a note of my call and to send the item back by P.O.

Then tried to get a meaningful response on the SKY online chat facility,  gave up after numerous ‘everyone is busy’ messages appearing on screen. Tried to glean the item’s order No for reference purposes culminating in my SKY online account webpage telling me to try later when I clicked on the soundbox option on screen.

11:07 Wednesday – a Googlesearch  told us to return the Soundbox by Collect+ and gave us the option to print a ‘Returns’ label off the webpage. But then of course theoretically the packet never arrived at our address.

A complete shambles from start to finish!!!

Merry Christmas to all… (Just don’t buy a SKY Soundbox!!!)

All Replies
Oracle
Post 2 of 5

Re: SKY SOUNDBOX DELIVERY, SET-UP AND ATTEMPTING TO RETURN SHAMBLES

Hi @SRTMAN Sorry to hear about your experience however this is a customer-to-customer forum and no one here can help. 

If you are not happy with the service you have received from Sky then this shows you how to make a complaint.

https://www.sky.com/help/articles/how-to-make-a-complaint

My Opinions Are My Own And Do Not Reflect Those Of Sky.

imagebam.com
Executive Producer
Post 3 of 5

@SRTMAN wrote:

TO WHOM IT MIGHT CONCERN (PROBABLY NO-ONE AT SKY)

SKY SOUNDBOX

ORDER NO: Can’t find out.

(Subscribed to for decades)

THE STORY SO FAR – our appalling customer experience

The Soundbox was ordered and paid for by me – I am a retiree and used my Pension winter heating allowance facilitate the payment.

Delivery was advised for Monday 3rd December 2018

Text and e-mail received that the goods would be delivered Saturday 1st December 2018

Further text received giving 1hour window for delivery

Despite our re-arranging our plans for Saturday in order to be onsite goods did not arrive.

Spent loads of time trying to ascertain a contact telephone number for the courier company and after 20 minutes of waiting my call was answered by an off-hand person who said he couldn’t do anything and that I was to contact Sky. Then a text arrived from the courierwith a photo of the house porch the parcel was left in but obviously not signed for. (It wasn’t our porch!)

Spent a further 30 minutes or so trying to identify how to contact Sky and complain about non-delivery.

Received a vague text saying the matter would be looked into.

Today is Wednesday the 5th of December still no contact from Sky.

In the interim we researched the properties in our area (we are in a very rural agricultural area of Wales) and by due diligence found that the parcel had been delivered without signature in the porch of a farmhouse some 3 miles from our location. Drove to the location on Saturday night and retrieved the parcel.

Set the soundbox up as per the instructions supplied to be driven by my LG smart TV.

Then the nightmare began:-

Various hardware and software faults manifested themselves displaying to me indicating that the item was not fit for use and causing me to visit various on-line forums including the SKY company forum to seek guidance. The upshot seems to be that a whole spectrum of intermittent faults are common when trying to configure a SKY sound box with an LG TV. After 4 days of trying to ‘fix’ the intermittent faults I’ve given up as my viewing experience is still constantly interrupted and spoiled by the myriad of faults that randomly occur and usability is totally compromised.

P.S. Wednesday - We have spent the best part of this morning trying to elicit some information from SKY as to how we go about returning the soundbox – waiting 15 minutes to get through to the CS team by telephone and then after bouts of holding whilst the person had to ask her manager how to return an item got fobbed off by her saying she’d made a note of my call and to send the item back by P.O.

Then tried to get a meaningful response on the SKY online chat facility,  gave up after numerous ‘everyone is busy’ messages appearing on screen. Tried to glean the item’s order No for reference purposes culminating in my SKY online account webpage telling me to try later when I clicked on the soundbox option on screen.

11:07 Wednesday – a Googlesearch  told us to return the Soundbox by Collect+ and gave us the option to print a ‘Returns’ label off the webpage. But then of course theoretically the packet never arrived at our address.

A complete shambles from start to finish!!!

Merry Christmas to all… (Just don’t buy a SKY Soundbox!!!)

That’s a shame because mine works fine with an LG TV

maybe what you should have done is asked for some advice on here! 

BT Ultra Infinity. Apple Time Capsule. Sky Q 2TB watching UHD through a LG OLED55B7 and listening through a soundbox. Multiroom with 2 miniboxes
Viewer
Post 4 of 5

Really just a stark warning to anyone with an L.G. T.V. to think very carefully before purchasing a SKY Soundbox...

Highlighted
Production Supervisor
Post 5 of 5

@SRTMAN wrote:

Really just a stark warning to anyone with an L.G. T.V. to think very carefully before purchasing a SKY Soundbox...

@SRTMAN I also have a Sky Soundbox connected to my 2018 LG TV  no issues  with sound be it via optical or HDMI  or Bluetooth .

Sky Q box is also connected to Amazon Echo Spot which when connected switches everything on music is played via my Sky Q Box then sound  comes out of Soundbox perfectly.

Recommended Threads
14-07-2018 09:16 PM
Oracle 10-08-2018 07:08 PM
Oracle 12-09-2018 08:12 PM
Community Manager 29-10-2018 09:24 AM
Oracle 02-11-2018 08:27 PM