Discussion topic: Can you change Sky soundbox Volume With tv remote

This message was authored by Sky+uhd+on+Sony This message was authored by: Sky+uhd+on+Sony

Can you change Sky soundbox Volume With tv remote

Hi got the soundbox a few days now,can’t  figure out if this can be done.i want to be able to mute and use the   Volume With my own TVs remote,I have the lg oled b8.thanks 

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

All Replies

This message was authored by SDR This message was authored by: SDR

Re: Can you change Sky soundbox Volume With tv remote

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Sky+uhd+on+Sony wrote:

Hi got the soundbox a few days now,can’t  figure out if this can be done.i want to be able to mute and use the   Volume With my own TVs remote,I have the lg oled b8.thanks 

No it will only work with the Sky remote or its own remote.

Stuart R
I am responsible for the content, but not the way it is presented, I have some sight issues
Auto-Correct is my enemy.
If this is your first post - Welcome
Sky Glass - No Puck
This message was authored by Bonerific This message was authored by: Bonerific

Surely not? Sky amounts to about 20% of what I watch, the rest is on the TV's Netflix or Amazon Prime apps.

I have to get my Sky remote or that stupid little Soundbox remote everytime I want to change the volume????

This message was authored by GraemeMcKenna This message was authored by: GraemeMcKenna

I know it's not ideal, but bear in mind that Netflix can be accessed from the Sky Q box, so you could still watch Netflix and control the volume with the Sky Q remote. Amazon Prime app for Q may or may not follow in future.

This message was authored by Bonerific This message was authored by: Bonerific

Thanks for the reply Graeme. Unfortunately I find the entire Netflix experience inferior when using the dire Sky Q remote.

Again, for this supposedly mid range equipment (£800 launch price), I feel it is missing a very basic piece of functionality.

This message was authored by PeteRG41 This message was authored by: PeteRG41

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

Well, it was always intended to be a Sky product...

But yes, if you want to watch anything other than Sky (proper Netflix, Amazon, games console, etc.), you're forced to use either the Sky remote or the little soundbox remote, even when your LG remote has the nice handy Netflix/Amazon button on it.

When I want to watch non-Sky, I need to use the TV remote and the little soundbox remote.  I also have to use the little remote to swap the soundbox input from HMDI and Optical (usually pressing too many times and it ends up in Bluetooth mode).

Sky probably won't be tempted to change this as the inconvenience of swapping inputs and volume encourages users to stay within the Sky system to make everything seamless.

____
Pete.

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion