sky box noise since update

Runner
Post 61 of 70

Re: sky box noise since update

Is anyone still experiencing problems on 1 Tb box? My recordings failed yesterday and the fan noise is driving me mad.

Executive Producer
Post 62 of 70

@Sally54 wrote:

Is anyone still experiencing problems on 1 Tb box? My recordings failed yesterday and the fan noise is driving me mad.

https://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Sky-Q/Noisy-box-again-Sorry/td-p/2814428/page/7

BT Ultra Infinity. Apple Time Capsule. Sky Q 2TB watching UHD through a LG OLED55B7 and listening through a soundbox. Multiroom with 2 miniboxes
Runner
Post 63 of 70

My sky box is awful. I can't bare to be in the same room as it.

Runner
Post 64 of 70

I have a 1TB Sky Q box. After my last post I rang SKY and they said they were not aware of noise issues with the Q boxes however sent engineers out who agreed very noisy and replaced the box. Whilst not perfect this box is definitely quieter although he had to try more than 1 box. 

First Assistant Director
Post 65 of 70

@Sally54 wrote:

I have a 1TB Sky Q box. After my last post I rang SKY and they said they were not aware of noise issues with the Q boxes however sent engineers out who agreed very noisy and replaced the box. Whilst not perfect this box is definitely quieter although he had to try more than 1 box. 

Given the bug in the 1TB box and the lack of a time-frame for when it's going to be fixed, I'd have asked to be swapped with a 2TB box.
Sky Q 2TB V1 -- LG 55UH850V UHD TV -- 1 Mini
Runner
Post 66 of 70

Ours has been noisy from day1 - and it seemed clear that it was a design fault as so many people complain. I have three copper heatsinks resting on top which quieten it down a bit but it is still annoying..

First Assistant Director
Post 67 of 70

@skyowl wrote:

Ours has been noisy from day1 - and it seemed clear that it was a design fault as so many people complain. I have three copper heatsinks resting on top which quieten it down a bit but it is still annoying..

Do you have a 1TB or 2TB box? The 1TB box had a firmware bug that causes the fan to run constantly.

Runner
Post 68 of 70

I forgot to say this is the base box. (1TB IIRC).. it does have the latest update

Executive Producer
Post 69 of 70

@skyowl wrote:

I forgot to say this is the base box. (1TB IIRC).. it does have the latest update

There appears to have been a bug in the software update sent out in October that’s causes the fan to run all the time, hopefully it’ll be resolved at the next update 

BT Ultra Infinity. Apple Time Capsule. Sky Q 2TB watching UHD through a LG OLED55B7 and listening through a soundbox. Multiroom with 2 miniboxes
First Assistant Director
Post 70 of 70

@skyowl wrote:

You have three choices to deal with the noise.

1. Get the box swapped for a quiter box

2. Upgrade to a 2TB box

3. Put up with it

I'd go with 2 as the 2TB box is much better. But it will cost something to swap.

Recommended Threads
13-12-2018 08:23 PM
15-12-2018 07:32 PM
09-08-2018 07:47 PM
07-12-2018 07:18 PM
13-10-2018 08:54 AM