Discussion topic: sky Q using a comunal dish in my block of flats

This message was authored by Ryan300194 This message was authored by: Ryan300194

sky Q using a comunal dish in my block of flats

IMG_0412.jpeg

can anyone help me with anything else other than using both sat and return to conect my sky q box im in a block of flats using a comunal dish system but getting no signal on joined up today?

Best Answers
This message was authored by nigea99 This message was authored by: nigea99 Answer

Re: sky Q using a comunal dish in my block of flats

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Ryan300194 wrote:

IMG_0412.jpeg

can anyone help me with anything else other than using both sat and return to conect my sky q box im in a block of flats using a comunal dish system but getting no signal on joined up today?

hi @Ryan300194 

For communal feeds SKY Q only uses a single cable (usually the Sat feed)

If you have moved from a proprty with your own dish to a property with a communal dish then the chances are that the LNB type is set incorrectly

If this is the case need to check/change the LNB type to SCR - this is in an engineer's menu

To access it :

press Home
Scroll to Settings - but do not press enter/select at this point
Press 0 0 1 in sequence followed by the Enter/ select button
you should now get the engineer's menu

Select the LNB Type & set to SCR if necessary

After changing the LNB type power down your SKY Q box and restart it for the change to come into effect

However, the Communal System must also be capable of working with SKY Q (on older systems this is achieved by SKY installing an 'adapter) so changing the LNB type alone may not be sufficient

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by nigea99 This message was authored by: nigea99 Answer

@Ryan300194 wrote:

IMG_0412.jpeg

hi @Ryan300194 

For communal feeds SKY Q only uses a single cable (usually the Sat feed)

If you have moved from a proprty with your own dish to a property with a communal dish then the chances are that the LNB type is set incorrectly

If this is the case need to check/change the LNB type to SCR - this is in an engineer's menu

To access it :

press Home
Scroll to Settings - but do not press enter/select at this point
Press 0 0 1 in sequence followed by the Enter/ select button
you should now get the engineer's menu

Select the LNB Type & set to SCR if necessary

After changing the LNB type power down your SKY Q box and restart it for the change to come into effect

However, the Communal System must also be capable of working with SKY Q (on older systems this is achieved by SKY installing an 'adapter) so changing the LNB type alone may not be sufficient

Ryan300194
Topic Author
This message was authored by Ryan300194 This message was authored by: Ryan300194

image.jpg

 i did as you sugested but im still getting no satelite signal and the other message you need to upgrade your subscription maybe i do need an adaptor then 

Ryan300194
Topic Author

@nigea99 ive been told maybe an adaptor is need when my engineer comes on wed by sky do you know is the adaptor install inside my flat or inside the comunal system area at the top of the roof

This message was authored by nigea99 This message was authored by: nigea99

@Ryan300194 wrote:

@nigea99 ive been told maybe an adaptor is need when my engineer comes on wed by sky do you know is the adaptor install inside my flat or inside the comunal system area at the top of the roof

hi  @Ryan300194  the adapters are usually  fitted in the communal distribution cupboards - In many properties I think there is usally one per floor but no doubt will vary depending on the number of apartments etc

You will need permission from your building management for SKY to access it (SKY Engineers usually have the relevent keys unless there is a non standard access)

Ryan300194
Topic Author

ok thanks for  that

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion