Discussion topic: having to constantly disconnect power remove card for machine to watch certain apps

This message was authored by papagray1706 This message was authored by: papagray1706

having to constantly disconnect power remove card for machine to watch certain apps

we have this week so far had to disconnect power and restart the sky q box, we tried the engineers reset as well it is becoming a joke first it was netflix now its disney plus, i even withdrew from independant membership to setting it up on sky as an addon and it still did not work i have a superfast fibre connection to the router cables are okay to dish, in a safe zone plenty of air it is becoming very frustrating we already had a box swap out  and we are frustrated this is becoming more frequent.

All Replies

This message was authored by Addie15 This message was authored by: Addie15

Re: having to constantly disconnect power remove card for machine to watch certain apps

Posted by a Sky employee

Hi there, I’ve escalated your post to our Community Messaging team who will invite you to a private chat shortly and help you with this. 

Just look out for the colourful bubble to start the conversation.

Here's more information on how Community Messaging works - https://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Did-you-know/Escalating-a-post-to-a-Sky-expert/ba-p/3711147 

This message was authored by Greenfingers001 This message was authored by: Greenfingers001

Re: having to constantly disconnect power remove card for machine to watch certain apps

Posted by a Sky employee

Thanks for chatting to us. Unfortunately, there was no further response on the chat in 48 hours, we are still waiting to help you. If you need our support let us know and we can re-escalate to our chat team. Your chat has been closed now. Thanks

papagray1706
Topic Author
This message was authored by papagray1706 This message was authored by: papagray1706

waited 10 min it seemed that long for reply, requested id check another few mins that wanted customer number could not access my site from that page, had eventually got my phone and accedsed my account put it in and waited and waited and waited  gave up like the q box 

This message was authored by Laing1 This message was authored by: Laing1

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@papagray1706 wrote:

waited 10 min it seemed that long for reply, requested id check another few mins that wanted customer number could not access my site from that page, had eventually got my phone and accedsed my account put it in and waited and waited and waited  gave up like the q box 

@papagray1706 If you still need help I can re-escalate this for you. Do remember that this is NOT  live chat so it can take a while for responses to be received and sent 

I may be a Sky Superuser but I am still just a Sky customer

Sky Q 2 TB (Silver)Box, 2 Mini boxes since June 2016, all connected by wifi
Sky Broadband Hub/SR203, Sky Ultrafast broadband
Ultimate on Demand, Q Experience/UHD, Sky Sports, Sky Cinema
LG 49SJ 810 V UHD TV, Google Pixel 7 Pro mobile
papagray1706
Topic Author

alas being disabled in a wheelchair i find it frustrating, as i suffer from short term memory loss i have raised this issue before and again this weekend twice when we selected the apps (which i have paid for) says there is an error at their end yest when the box is switched off (unplugged) and restarted its a miricle the sites know i have done this somehow and by a miricle allow me to watch them again, there must be a software glitch so many people are experienceing this problem and by a miricle they too have a magic contact and wow it works again something is wrong please sort it out

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion