Discussion topic: apple TV app not loading

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

This message was authored by wilf155 This message was authored by: wilf155

Re: apple TV app not loading

Do you have Apple devices though? If you do , they may be auto logged in.

Mark A Wilcock
This message was authored by Cornishrattler This message was authored by: Cornishrattler

@wilf155 Yeah, I have MBP nad Apple TV app through the TV

This message was authored by Crezza This message was authored by: Crezza

We are also seeing this issue, was fine last week but now just stuck on the logo when accessing the app... reset the box etc however no joy.

clearly a sky issue - get it sorted please!! 

This message was authored by Marmish This message was authored by: Marmish

I've been trying to login to my Apple TV through my sky boxes (sky q box and mini box) but only getting the logo and going no further. I've tried rebooting several times and trying to login at different times each day but nothing. Please help

Resetting  is the answer. The instructions are on page 5 of this thread.

Mark A Wilcock
This message was authored by Crezza This message was authored by: Crezza

Didn't work for us unfortunately 

Did you follow his 2 part instructions to the letter?

Mark A Wilcock
This message was authored by Darren+H This message was authored by: Darren+H

Although I realise resetting might help (or not in some cases) I feel the responsibility here is on Sky, and perhaps Apple to get this sorted out with a new version of the app. To get customers to go through the hassle of a reset, possibly have to setup remotes, screen resolutions, reauthenticate to multiple services is just madness. So I'm going to wait for Sky to sort this properly and use the TV app instead. TV app probably better anyway with Dolby vision!

This message was authored by fizzdisco This message was authored by: fizzdisco

@Darren+H wrote:

Although I realise resetting might help (or not in some cases) I feel the responsibility here is on Sky, and perhaps Apple to get this sorted out with a new version of the app. To get customers to go through the hassle of a reset, possibly have to setup remotes, screen resolutions, reauthenticate to multiple services is just madness. So I'm going to wait for Sky to sort this properly and use the TV app instead. TV app probably better anyway with Dolby vision!

TV app definitely better. If you have a Dolby Vision capable TV then in almost all cases the TV apps will offer you a better experience than those on Sky Q. 

louise178
Topic Author
This message was authored by louise178 This message was authored by: louise178

I have been informed by Sky not to try any further steps my end, they are aware of situtation and have technical people currently trying to fix the issue

This message was authored by Chloe-W22 This message was authored by: Chloe-W22

Posted by a Sky employee

Hi all,

Apologies for not updating sooner, as advised by @louise178 we're aware of an issue where the app is stuck on the Apple TV logo which we are currently investigating.

Temporary Workarounds:

On Sky Q boxes, Resetting settings can help.

Home > Highlight Settings > Press > 0, 0, 1 Select on the remote > Reset > Reset settings

Please note the following settings will be reset and may need to be set up again, please make a note before performing a settings reset;

• Sky Q remote pairing
  • Picture resolution
  • Sound settings
  • Preferences
  • SCR mode (MDU customers)
  • Wireless settings
  • TV App logins

So sorry for any inconvenience caused.

Chloe-W22

Community Manager

Have a story you want to share with us? Send your Thanks to Sky here

This message was authored by MissyELMO This message was authored by: MissyELMO

Hi

I've done the reset but but now my remote doesn't work and I can't do anything at all ☹️

This message was authored by eilaine This message was authored by: eilaine

Worked for me too! Thank you.

This message was authored by tjt1961 This message was authored by: tjt1961

Hi @MissyELMO -  I got stuck at the same point myself after I did the reset.

You need to pair your remote again. The instructions are here: https://www.sky.com/help/diagnostics/sky-q-remotes/setting-up-remote

If your SKY Q  box is stuck on standby you need to switch it on using the power button.

Any other personalisation will also have been lost e.g. screen resolution, app logins, favourites list.

I hope this helps!

Full Fibre Sky Broadband , Talk and Sky Q. Eero mesh network.
This message was authored by Vic68 This message was authored by: Vic68

Got it working a few days ago so thought I would watch foundation last night. It was like going back 10 years, poor quality and buffering every few minutes. Don't bother putting effort into getting the app to work it rubbish when it does. 

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion