Discussion topic: Will Sky service engineer replace LNB if needed (not Sky dish)

This message was authored by crowdedcat This message was authored by: crowdedcat

Will Sky service engineer replace LNB if needed (not Sky dish)

We had a tremendous electrical storm overhead yesterday and lost signal for an hour while it passed. Afterwards, signal was fine and I was happily watching UHD content throughout the evening.  This morning, no satellite signal whatsoever. Signal strength zero; signal quality zero. I have a Freesat in another room which is also showing zero signal. I'm surprised, but it might be the LNB. I have put a service request in to Sky. If the engineer comes and sees no signal at the Sky box, will he test, and replace the LNB if necessary? Or should I just get a local satellite installer in?

All Replies

This message was authored by nigea99 This message was authored by: nigea99

Re: Will Sky service engineer replace LNB if needed (not Sky dish)

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@crowdedcat wrote:

We had a tremendous electrical storm overhead yesterday and lost signal for an hour while it passed. Afterwards, signal was fine and I was happily watching UHD content throughout the evening.  This morning, no satellite signal whatsoever. Signal strength zero; signal quality zero. I have a Freesat in another room which is also showing zero signal. I'm surprised, but it might be the LNB. I have put a service request in to Sky. If the engineer comes and sees no signal at the Sky box, will he test, and replace the LNB if necessary? Or should I just get a local satellite installer in?

hi @crowdedcat 

it may just be a dish alignement problem which a SKY engineer will be able to deal with.

If  it is an LNB problem (which I do think is less likely)  then, unfortunately, you may have a problem - SKY no longer supply & carry Hybrid LNBs that you need to have both SKY Q & Freesat - in which case you are very likely to need to pay a local installer

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion