When will sky q mini boxes go 4K

Camera Operator
Post 61 of 64

Re: When will sky q mini boxes go 4K

@mrbubby wrote:

It’s not an argument, it’s an observation. It’s also one that most people aren’t aware of and I think it’s reasonable to point out what is essentially a massive con-job perpetuated by TV manufacturers. Now if a person, knowing that information, chooses to spend money chasing extra pixels then at least they’ve made an informed choice. 

Of course, with 8k tellys now released, complete with unfit-for-purpose HDMI ports and no content besides some dodgy YouTube clips, maybe people will start demanding their Sky boxes support that too?

The difference between UHD and HD is pretty clear to me - it’s particularly pronounced when watching football.

The HDR betas on iPlayer were great too.

There is no conspiracy here. If you prefer HD only - go for it.

Viewer
Post 62 of 64

Not confessing to be an expert here and have no ideal in what hardware is needed in the boxes but I had a sky engineer visit me today and he said all engineers have been informed that UHD content on mini boxes are a matter of weeks away by way of a software update 🤷🏻‍♂️

Production Supervisor
Post 63 of 64

@Lucoman wrote:

Not confessing to be an expert here and have no ideal in what hardware is needed in the boxes but I had a sky engineer visit me today and he said all engineers have been informed that UHD content on mini boxes are a matter of weeks away by way of a software update 🤷🏻‍♂️

As the mini box hardware isn’t capable of supporting UHD that’s going to be a bloody good ask! Was he sniffing white powder,  perchance? Factual information and a Sky Q engineer are not something usually heard in the same sentence. 

First Assistant Director
Post 64 of 64

@Lucoman wrote:

They were talking rubbish, UHD on minis need new hardware in main and minis.

Recommended Threads
29 minutes ago 12:53 AM
30 minutes ago 12:53 AM
Oracle 34 minutes ago 12:48 AM
Oracle 41 minutes ago 12:41 AM
44 minutes ago 12:38 AM