Discussion topic: When will Sky Sports launch and what channel?

This message was authored by best+of+the+best This message was authored by: best+of+the+best

Re: Sky Sports +

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@nigea99 wrote:

@middlesex1993 wrote:

New channel is working well.

One annoying thing which I suppose I have to put up with. 
When I am watching live tennis on red button I get this annoying blue circle just like when  I watch a recording or when I pause a live  programme.

Do you have to put up with that,

@middlesex1993 

The progress bar should disappear after a second or so - is it remaining on for you ?

I think he means the blue circle on the front of the Sky Q box not the blue progress bar @nigea99 unless I read the post wrong

This message was authored by nigea99 This message was authored by: nigea99

@middlesex1993 wrote:

nigea99

It is a blue rotating circle on the front of  the Sky Q box not on the television screen.This is the same blue circle that appears when I watch a recording or when I pause a live programme 

I have had this on every Sky box I have had. I think there may be a setting where you can get rid of this.

Sorry I misunderstood - my box is behind my TV in an alcove so I don't notice  the on box lights

Unfortunately I don't think there is any setting to turn it off

middlesex1993
Topic Author
This message was authored by middlesex1993 This message was authored by: middlesex1993

You are correct

i I think there  is a setting where you can get rid of this. I shall try and find it tomorrow.

This message was authored by lettice This message was authored by: lettice

@middlesex1993 wrote:

New channel is working well.

One annoying thing which I suppose I have to put up with. 
When I am watching live tennis on red button I get this annoying blue circle just like when  I watch a recording or when I pause a live  programme.

Do you have to put up with that,

There is no setting to turn this off.

When I had Sky Q for eight years (now on Sky Stream), I placed a small black homemade box an inch or so in front of the Sky Q box that blanked out the light, when looking in front of it. It was annoying at times, mostly in the evening in lower room light viewing.

You do not want to cover over the light completely with anything, just dim it down using stickers ( as below) or like I did blank it out from a distance, as it does show useful status info and some problem diagnosis.

Have seen many mentions on this community of others  in the past that have gone to Amazon and bought some decal stickers that sit over the light.

Search there or other similar online shops for 'Sky Q tv box light dimmer stickers' or 'led light blocking stickers'.

- - - - - - - -
Sky Community Superuser
Sky Stream (2 pucks), Sky Ultrafast + using Sky SR203 hub. Sky Protect kit tester.
middlesex1993
Topic Author
This message was authored by middlesex1993 This message was authored by: middlesex1993

Thanks for your replies and note I must put up with rotating blue circle.

One other thing. I have a Sky Q box. I rarely use red button. However I now will do when given a choice of live EFL games to watch on Sky Sports + channel. If I decide to watch a live game  via the red button,  can I record that game and if so how.do i do it. Do I press the red button shown on the television, highlight the game I  want to watch and then press red record button on my Sky Q remote.  I know you can not do this on Sky Plus HD boxes but can you do it on Sky Q boxes.

@middlesex1993 wrote:

Thanks for your replies and note I must put up with rotating blue circle.

One other thing. I have a Sky Q box. I rarely use red button. However I now will do when given a choice of live EFL games to watch on Sky Sports + channel. If I decide to watch a live game  via the red button,  can I record that game and if so how.do i do it. Do I press the red button shown on the television, highlight the game I  want to watch and then press red record button on my Sky Q remote.  I know you can not do this on Sky Plus HD boxes but can you do it on Sky Q boxes.

hi @middlesex1993 

The red button now will just launch the SKY Sports + app which you can do via other methods & may be as easy (e.g. the (...) button  next to the home button on the remete) 

When in the app you will get a choice of matches etc.

You won't be able to record any matches that you watch in the app 

middlesex1993
Topic Author

nigea99

You always reply so promptly and thank you.
I  must say I am confused.  I will be using my television. I will turn on the new channel. The main live game will be shown which of course you can record as usual. On the bottom right of the screen a red button  will appear. I will click on that red button and you are then given a large choice of other live games to watch. I then click on the game of my choice, the screen will go blank for a few seconds and then the game comes up on my tv screen. I can then watch that game and  pause it etc but not record that game. Is that correct.

This message was authored by SKY1992bf This message was authored by: SKY1992bf

@middlesex1993 wrote:

nigea99

I  must say I am confused.  I will be using my television. I will turn on the new channel. The main live game will be shown which of course you can record as usual. On the bottom right of the screen a red button  will appear. I will click on that red button and you are then given a large choice of other live games to watch. I then click on the game of my choice, the screen will go blank for a few seconds and then the game comes up on my tv screen. I can then watch that game and  pause it etc but not record that game. Is that correct.

@middlesex1993 you have got it spot on

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Please note: I am just a sky customer not a employee - posts from sky employees are clearly marked as such
my setup: Samsung 5 series 32inc tv | sky +hd box | variety, SKY & TNT sports,sky cinema | Netflix and prime video
Please note: I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
if this post has helped please give it a like ~ if this post has solved your question/query please mark it as the answer in order to help others

If you would like to post a “Send Your Thanks to Sky” message please click Here

@middlesex1993 wrote:

nigea99

One minor point  - When you click on the red button - it will now open the SKY Sports + app which may take a few seconds to load which is where you will see all the options

As I mentioned you can see what it looks like now by either going to Home - Apps or using the (....) button on your remote & selecting the SKY Sports app   - it already lists games that will be on tonight & beyond

middlesex1993
Topic Author

Am I correct

if you press red button option to watch a live game you can pause etc but you can not record that game 

@middlesex1993 wrote:

Am I correct

if you press red button option to watch a live game you can pause etc but you can not record that game 

Yes you are correct - you can pause/rewind etc but not record.

If you go into the app as I write this  you can see how it works with live Tennis

middlesex1993
Topic Author

nigea99

Thank you. I am of an age where I find modern technology so very difficult but I do my best.

middlesex1993
Topic Author

All good watching EFL game of my choice on Sky Sports+ channel on my television using the red button.

1) I have Sky Sports app on my mobile phone and I can watch the red button games  on my mobile phone on the Sky Sports + channel using Sky Sports app

2) I have tried to down load Sky Sports  app on to my HP laptop but I am unable to do so for some reason. I will have to get my computer expert to help me next week.

3) I have Sky Go on both my laptop and my mobile phone. You can watch the main game on Sky Sports + channel  on Sky Go but not the red button games.

Modern  technology is so confusing.

This message was authored by SKY1992bf This message was authored by: SKY1992bf

@middlesex1993 wrote:

All good watching EFL game of my choice on Sky Sports+ on my television using the red button.

1) I have Sky Sports app on my mobile phone and I can watch the red button games  on my mobile phone on the Sky Spirts + channel using Sky Sports app

2) I have tried to down load Sky Sports  app on to my HP laptop but I am unable to do so for some reason. I will have to get my computer expert to help me next week.

3) I have Sky Go on both my laptop and my mobile phone. You can watch the main game on Sky Sports + channel  on Sky Go but not the red button games.

Modrrn technology is so confusing.

@middlesex1993  the app will only work with phones and tablets 

it will not work with laptops pcs or macs

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Please note: I am just a sky customer not a employee - posts from sky employees are clearly marked as such
my setup: Samsung 5 series 32inc tv | sky +hd box | variety, SKY & TNT sports,sky cinema | Netflix and prime video
Please note: I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
if this post has helped please give it a like ~ if this post has solved your question/query please mark it as the answer in order to help others

If you would like to post a “Send Your Thanks to Sky” message please click Here
middlesex1993
Topic Author

That is so very annoying. Surely Sky can sort this out.

1) Why can  you not download Sky Sports app on to an HP laptop

2) Why can you not watch red button games on Sky Go app.

All very annoying indeed. Just my opinion

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion