Discussion topic: When will Sky Sports launch and what channel?

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

Re: Sky Sports +

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@middlesex1993 wrote:

To be honest I really only watch premier league games so I do not think I will need new channel. I assume premier league games will stay on premier league channel.

That is correct as games from the football league will be on Sky Sports+ and NOT those from the Premier League.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can
middlesex1993
Topic Author
This message was authored by middlesex1993 This message was authored by: middlesex1993

Thanks. The good news for me is the new premier league tv contracts does not start till the beginning of 2025-2026 season, so  I have one year of the old tv contact still to go and then four more years of new tv contract. Five years in total 

This message was authored by SKY1992bf This message was authored by: SKY1992bf

I'll observe that when the new premier league contract starts sky will be showing all last day games plus all Sunday 2pm ko affect by euro commitments the previous Thursday 

so the new service may be used for those occasions 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Please note: I am just a sky customer not a employee - posts from sky employees are clearly marked as such
my setup: Samsung 5 series 32inc tv | sky +hd box | variety, SKY & TNT sports,sky cinema | Netflix and prime video
Please note: I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
if this post has helped please give it a like ~ if this post has solved your question/query please mark it as the answer in order to help others

If you would like to post a “Send Your Thanks to Sky” message please click Here
This message was authored by nigea99 This message was authored by: nigea99

@middlesex1993 

We can now see how this works on SKY Q  directly to the app  (on Q itself)  or (as I write this) via the Tennis Channel 

The SKY Sports App is now an app on SKy Q which you can select by going to 

Home - Apps

If you were to go to the current Linear SKY Sports Tennis Channel you get a red button option - if you select that it takes you direct from the channel into the App

In the app you can see current live content and lots of upcoming content as well as news & highlight clips

middlesex1993
Topic Author
This message was authored by middlesex1993 This message was authored by: middlesex1993

Just to give everyone an update.as I started this thread.

i turned on my Sky Q box this morning..

Channel 412 was still showing Sky Sports Arena.

I was going to phone Sky because I thought my Sky Q box  was faulty. I am hopeless with modern technology but I then had an idea. I decided to reboot my Sky Q box. I went through usual process. I turned my Sky Q box off at the wall. I waited a few minutes and then I turned it back on and followed the instructions and waited for my screen to go blank and then I pressed the home button.
I now have Sky Sports + Hd on channel 412. I assume Sky Sports Arena channel it has replaced no longer exists.

Did other Sky Q customers had to reboot like me?

i

@middlesex1993 wrote:

Just to give everyone an update.as I started this thread.

i turned on my Sky Q box this morning..

Channel 412 was still showing Sky Sports Arena.

I was going to phone Sky because I thought my Sky Q box  was faulty. I am hopeless with modern technology but I then had an idea. I decided to reboot my Sky Q box. I went through usual process. I turned my Sky Q box off at the wall. I waited a few minutes and then I turned it back on and followed the instructions and waited for my screen to go blank and then I pressed the home button.
I now have Sky Sports + Hd on channel 412. I assume Sky Sports Arena channel it has replaced no longer exists.

Did other Sky Q customers had to reboot like me?

i

@middlesex1993   it may just have been timing as I don't think it changed first thing..

Just to confirm no need for me & I think most people to reboot 

BTW yes SKY Sports Arena is no longer and the channel has been renamed/repurposed as SKY Sports+

middlesex1993
Topic Author

I have checked with other Sky Q customers.

A number of them like me waited till about 10am this morning and  nothing happened. Like  me they did a reboot and the new channel appeared. Perhaps we should have been more patient and waited a bit longer. We thought the change would happen over night but clearly for a number of Sky Q customers that was not the case.

At least all is now working, but I do wonder if there will be other Sky Q customers who still have Sky Sports Arena and do not realise they may have to do a reboot of their Sky Q box.

@middlesex1993 wrote:

I have checked with other Sky Q customers.

A number of them like me waited till about 10am this morning and  nothing happened. Like  me they did a reboot and the new channel appeared. Perhaps we should have been more patient and waited a bit longer. We thought the change would happen over night but clearly for a number of Sky Q customers that was not the case.

At least all is now working, but I do wonder if there will be other Sky Q customers who still have Sky Sports  Arena and do not realise they may have to do a reboot of their Sky Q box.

I don't think there was ever a time announced  for the change &  these changes /launches rarely take place overnight & more often than not are mid morning I think.

middlesex1993
Topic Author

nigea99

Thanks for your replies. I have checked with my friends who have a Sky Q box and Sky Sports. They all now have Sky Sports + and all is good, but as I say some like me had to do a reboot of the Sky Q box.

Let us hope we enjoy the new channel,  though I do watch mainly live premier league games so I will watch far  more the premier league channel .

@middlesex1993 wrote:

nigea99

Thanks for your replies. I have checked with my friends who have a Sky Q box and Sky Sports. They all now have Sky Sports + and all is good, but as I say some like me had to do a reboot of the Sky Q box.

Let us hope we enjoy the new channel,  though I do watch mainly live premier league games so I will watch far  more the premier league channel .

Sorry you had to reboot to get the change, as I mentioned I don't think most will need to.

Heopefully you will be able to enjoy the content now availble - don;t forget it is not just the SKY Sports+ channel but the Sports  app availble from the apps (or even the (...) button next  to the Home button 

This message was authored by shedhead This message was authored by: shedhead

Yes but I dont think you can record off the red button and many games are on the red button. This is a pain

This message was authored by shedhead This message was authored by: shedhead

T is my concern. Its crap isnt it

middlesex1993
Topic Author

New channel is working well.

One annoying thing which I suppose I have to put up with. 
When I am watching live tennis on red button I get this annoying blue circle just like when  I watch a recording or when I pause a live  programme.

Do you have to put up with that,

@middlesex1993 wrote:

New channel is working well.

One annoying thing which I suppose I have to put up with. 
When I am watching live tennis on red button I get this annoying blue circle just like when  I watch a recording or when I pause a live  programme.

Do you have to put up with that,

@middlesex1993 

The progress bar should disappear after a second or so - is it remaining on for you ?

middlesex1993
Topic Author

nigea99

It is a blue rotating circle on the front of  the Sky Q box not on the television screen.This is the same blue circle that appears when I watch a recording or when I pause a live programme 

I have had this on every Sky box I have had. I think there may be a setting where you can get rid of this.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion