Discussion topic: When the screen goes blank press home.

This message was authored by JRWSG This message was authored by: JRWSG

When the screen goes blank press home.

For the past three hours we've been through the same cycle. Blue screen with when the screen goes blank press hope to get started. The screen goes blank, in press home and the next screen says you'll be ready to go in a few minutes. It then goes blank and enters the same loop as before on the blue screen. 

I've read other threads and tried the power on thing with the standby button pressed. That went through the software update 1&2 fine and then entered this loop again. 

I've tried to find help on MySky app but there is no other method of contact except the 03 number which informed me that they're closed until tomorrow. I'm astounded that a company as large as Sky isn't 24 hours, especially given the amount of money that we all pay each month. 

is anyone able to suggest a fix? 

All Replies

This message was authored by oldfella This message was authored by: oldfella

Re: When the screen goes blank press home.

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@JRWSG wrote:

For the past three hours we've been through the same cycle. Blue screen with when the screen goes blank press hope to get started. The screen goes blank, in press home and the next screen says you'll be ready to go in a few minutes. It then goes blank and enters the same loop as before on the blue screen. 

I've read other threads and tried the power on thing with the standby button pressed. That went through the software update 1&2 fine and then entered this loop again. 

I've tried to find help on MySky app but there is no other method of contact except the 03 number which informed me that they're closed until tomorrow. I'm astounded that a company as large as Sky isn't 24 hours, especially given the amount of money that we all pay each month. 

is anyone able to suggest a fix? 

Hi @JRWSG 

Work through the following link.  If you cannot solve your issue it leads to a conclusion 

https://www.sky.com/help/articles/sky-q-box-wont-turn-on-v2#:~:text=Restart%20your%20Sky%20Q%20box,b... 

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion