Discussion topic: When i try and record certain channels like sky witness get message have to upgrade

This message was authored by Paignton1961 This message was authored by: Paignton1961

When i try and record certain channels like sky witness get message have to upgrade

When I try and record certain channels like sky witness get message that I need to upgrade

Best Answers
This message was authored by oldfella This message was authored by: oldfella Answer

Re: When i try and record certain channels like sky witness get message have to upgrade

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Paignton1961 wrote:

When I try and record certain channels like sky witness get message that I need to upgrade

Hi @Paignton1961 

First check that you are not trying to Download or view HD or UHD content without the Q HD or UHD Subscription pack.
The Sky Q Sports pack and BT Sport if you subscribe through Sky are in HD as Standard.
Sky Cinema if you subscribe is also in HD.
Sky Signature includes BoxSets and Entertainment channels only in SD as standard.
Only free to air channels such as BBC, ITV etc are in HD. The Q HD pack is required for all other Sky Signature HD content, including Catch Up in HD, On Demand in HD and BoxSets in HD
If you do not have the Optional HD pack you need to change the Download to SD in All Formats (as HD is the default setting).
So that you do not need to do this every time it’s best to change your Download preference to SD in Home - Settings - Setup - Preferences.
This needs to done on the main Q box.
Then if you want to download any HD content from free to air channels (BBCHD ,ITVHD etc) you can select HD in the All formats tab of the content . This will change the format for that particular download only but still leave your format to SD in preferences.

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by oldfella This message was authored by: oldfella Answer

Re: When i try and record certain channels like sky witness get message have to upgrade

@Paignton1961 wrote:

Hi @Paignton1961 

First check that you are not trying to Download or view HD or UHD content without the Q HD or UHD Subscription pack.
The Sky Q Sports pack and BT Sport if you subscribe through Sky are in HD as Standard.
Sky Cinema if you subscribe is also in HD.
Sky Signature includes BoxSets and Entertainment channels only in SD as standard.
Only free to air channels such as BBC, ITV etc are in HD. The Q HD pack is required for all other Sky Signature HD content, including Catch Up in HD, On Demand in HD and BoxSets in HD
If you do not have the Optional HD pack you need to change the Download to SD in All Formats (as HD is the default setting).
So that you do not need to do this every time it’s best to change your Download preference to SD in Home - Settings - Setup - Preferences.
This needs to done on the main Q box.
Then if you want to download any HD content from free to air channels (BBCHD ,ITVHD etc) you can select HD in the All formats tab of the content . This will change the format for that particular download only but still leave your format to SD in preferences.

Paignton1961
Topic Author
This message was authored by Paignton1961 This message was authored by: Paignton1961

@oldfella thanks for your response but I've always recorded in HD. Could it be that I've just had Sky Sports removed?

This message was authored by oldfella This message was authored by: oldfella

@Paignton1961 wrote:

@oldfella thanks for your response but I've always recorded in HD. Could it be that I've just had Sky Sports removed?

Yes @Paignton1961 

Any change to your package could have caused Sky to miscongfigure your account..

I have escalated your post to Sky.
You may receive an email or a private message inviting you to have a private conversation on the Community with a Sky Expert.

Look out for a chat bubble at the bottom of your screen inviting you to a chat
The link below explains how the escalation process works

https://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Did-you-know/Escalating-a-post-to-a-Sky-expert/ba-p/3711147?

This message was authored by Addie15 This message was authored by: Addie15

Posted by a Sky employee

Hi there! Thank you for escalating this. We have sent an invite to Paignton1961.

This message was authored by Lisa-P1987 This message was authored by: Lisa-P1987

Posted by a Sky employee

We are still looking to help you @Paignton1961 . If you need our support let us know and we can re-escalate to our chat team. Your invite has been closed now. Thanks

Thanks

Lisa - Sky Tech Team Expert
This message was authored by Lisa-P1987 This message was authored by: Lisa-P1987

Posted by a Sky employee

Thanks for chatting to us @Paignton1961 . Unfortunately, there was no further response on the chat in 48 hours, we are still waiting to help you. If you need our support let us know and we can re-escalate to our chat team. Your chat has been closed now. Thanks

Thanks

Lisa - Sky Tech Team Expert

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion