Discussion topic: When I turn the volume up or down on my sky Q remote I get a voice stating what the volume now is

This message was authored by Phippsy This message was authored by: Phippsy

When I turn the volume up or down on my sky Q remote I get a voice stating what the volume now is

When i change the volume on my Q remote I get a loud female voice stating the new level  from the TV. How do I get rid of this? On accessibility it is already set to off. 

Best Answers
This message was authored by oldfella This message was authored by: oldfella Answer

Re: When I turn the volume up or down on my sky Q remote I get a voice stating what the volume now i

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Phippsy wrote:

When i change the volume on my Q remote I get a loud female voice stating the new level  from the TV. How do I get rid of this? On accessibility it is already set to off. 

Hi @Phippsy 

You need to into the Settings of the TV set using the TV  set  remote.

It  is purely a TV set message and nothing to do with the Q box settings.

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by oldfella This message was authored by: oldfella Answer

Re: When I turn the volume up or down on my sky Q remote I get a voice stating what the volume now i

@Phippsy wrote:

Hi @Phippsy 

You need to into the Settings of the TV set using the TV  set  remote.

It  is purely a TV set message and nothing to do with the Q box settings.

Phippsy
Topic Author

Thanks. I haven't used the TV remote since I've had it as I ve always used the sky one so it will be a lot of searching for the right button. I'll try that. 🥺

This message was authored by oldfella This message was authored by: oldfella

@Phippsy wrote:

Thanks. I haven't used the TV remote since I've had it as I ve always used the sky one so it will be a lot of searching for the right button. I'll try that. 🥺

Hi @Phippsy 

If you have any further difficulty with the TV Settings just post back with the model and brand of your TV.

Once you use the TV remote to enter your TV settings you just need to check each menu for audio settings.

@Phippsy wrote:

Hi again @Phippsy 

If you TV is a Sumsung check the following YouTube video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SMBBGdc8wrM

Phippsy
Topic Author

Hi Old fella,

It's a Sony

Model no KD49XG8096

Cant find the action on the menus anywhere in order to cancel

@Phippsy wrote:

Hi Old fella,

It's a Sony

Model no KD49XG8096

Cant find the action on the menus anywhere in order to cancel

Hi @Phippsy 

Dont know if the following will help.

Accessibility] has a shortcut function so you can turn it on or off by pressing and holding the MUTING or MUTE button on the remote for 3 seconds.

If the Q remote is paired to the TV for volume you should be able to switch Accessibility On or Off by holding its Mute button for 3 seconds

Phippsy
Topic Author

Oldfella,

You are a bloody star. That worked a treat! It's been doing my head in. All fixed.

Thank-you so much buddy. 

Nick 😀👍

This message was authored by Barry+C. This message was authored by: Barry+C.

I had the same problem with my sony bravia tv. It just started with a loud voice  coming through the tv speaker everything I altered the volume. It also kept repeated the word "timer" without any action on my part. Eventually I read the advice about accessing "accessability"  in SkyQ but pressed the mute button on Sony controller and it has worked. Annoying loud voice now removed!!!

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion