Discussion topic: When I first power on my new LG smart TV with my Sky Q remote it displays the LG channel page.

This message was authored by alanrotty This message was authored by: alanrotty

When I first power on my new LG smart TV with my Sky Q remote it displays the LG channel page.

When I first power on my new LG smart TV with my Sky Q remote it displays the LG channel page. I have to power off again the power on the get it to display the Sky Q home page.

Best Answers
This message was authored by kanny This message was authored by: kanny Answer

Re: When I first power on my new LG smart TV with my Sky Q remote it displays the LG channel page.

Can't copy the link but basically it was to go into settings on LG tv.... (cog button)

all settings

general

system 

additional settings

home settings

and then uncheck the 3 boxes that say home auto launch, home promotion and content recommendations.

Hope this helps 

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by oldfella This message was authored by: oldfella

Re: When I first power on my new LG smart TV with my Sky Q remote it displays the LG channel page.

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@alanrotty wrote:

When I first power on my new LG smart TV with my Sky Q remote it displays the LG channel page. I have to power off again the power on the get it to display the Sky Q home page.

Hi @alanrotty 

If you have HDMI Cec control On in both Q box and TV then when you turn on the Q box then the TV should come on via Cec control.  (Short press on the Q remote Standby button)

However when switching Off both TV and Q box need to be put int standby independently.  (Q box with Short press - LG TV with long press if correctly paired to the TV)

In the Q box HDMI control is in Home - Settings - Setup - Audio visual.

According to Google Lg is as follows 

From [Settings], select [All Settings].
  1. From [General], select [Devices].
  2. Select [HDMI Settings].
  3. Enable or turn on the [Simplink (HDMI-CEC)].
  4. ➔ Enable [Auto Power] in [2020 webOS 5.0] ...
  5. From [Connection], select [Device Connection Settings].
  6. From [Device Connection Settings], set [Simplink (HDMI-CEC)] to On.
This message was authored by Sheets This message was authored by: Sheets

I am having the same issue, I have change my sky Q box (after having issues) when I turn on the TV. The LG screen appears. I was able to press the home button previously and both the TV and sky Q box with both power on or I could turn on the TV and sky Q box individually. I have followed the above instructions, but still nothing and I am having to use the LG Magic remote to select sky QHDMI

This message was authored by kanny This message was authored by: kanny

@alanrotty 

hi, did you manage to find a solution to this please? 

This message was authored by cuke This message was authored by: cuke

Try:

Go to

Settings > All Settings > Programmes > Programme List Update​

then set the option to Off.

@cuke  I cannot see these commands on sky Q box?

@Sheets wrote:

@cuke  I cannot see these commands on sky Q box?

Apologies, I should have made it clear that these are in the LG TV's settings..

@cuke  thank you, but it still doesn't work 🤔

@Sheets wrote:

@cuke  thank you, but it still doesn't work 🤔

The only other way is not to setup live TV when the LG is initially setup, which would involve a factory reset. Other than that I'm at a loss but HDMI control, cec, should be on.

This message was authored by kanny This message was authored by: kanny

Mine is sorted now, I googled the problem and found a video on YouTube that talked me through some settings to try.

thanks for the help everyone 

This message was authored by Chodley This message was authored by: Chodley

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@kanny wrote:

Mine is sorted now, I googled the problem and found a video on YouTube that talked me through some settings to try.

thanks for the help everyone 

And can you share which ones worked as others seem to have the same issue?

This message was authored by kanny This message was authored by: kanny Answer

Can't copy the link but basically it was to go into settings on LG tv.... (cog button)

all settings

general

system 

additional settings

home settings

and then uncheck the 3 boxes that say home auto launch, home promotion and content recommendations.

Hope this helps 

Unfortunately it's still doesn't work! So fustrating....the model is OLED55B9PLA if anyone has any suggestions it will be appreciated.

alanrotty
Topic Author
This message was authored by alanrotty This message was authored by: alanrotty

All sorted now. Don't set the LG TV to turn off in power save mode 

@kanny wrote:

all settings

general

system 

additional settings

home settings

Hope this helps 

Yes I've just discovered that apparently LG released a firmware update before Christmas that forced a default home page and, as you stated going  to All settings> General settings>Additional settings>Home settings and turn off Home Auto Launch, or anything else, resolves it.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion