Discussion topic: WANT TO ORDER THE NEW SKY Q HDR COMPATIBLE BOX

This message was authored by Rob+Jarvis This message was authored by: Rob+Jarvis

WANT TO ORDER THE NEW SKY Q HDR COMPATIBLE BOX

For the life iof me I have searched everywhere to try and order the new sky q HDR compatable box, with no luck.

any ideas?

SkyQ 2TB UHD -HDR
SKY mini box
Philips Hue sync box

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

All Replies

This message was authored by bob1234 This message was authored by: bob1234

Re: WANT TO ORDER THE NEW SKY Q HDR COMPATIBLE BOX

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Rob+JarvisIt is best to phone Sky and ask, there was a shortage of boxes and they stopped selling the upgrade on line.

This is from Sky help worth trying if you have the right box

"How do I upgrade to a HDR compatible box?

If you have Box model 32B0xx you can upgrade to our latest Sky Q 2TB box by visiting the Shop section within the My account area on your Sky Q box.

If you don't have this model but you're wanting to upgrade your box, you should head to sky.com/shop to see the latest offers. Set up fees apply."

This message was authored by Rhonny This message was authored by: Rhonny

@Rob+Jarvis

What version box do you have currently? 

Rob+Jarvis
Topic Author
This message was authored by Rob+Jarvis This message was authored by: Rob+Jarvis

I have the non HDR version 32B063  it's not compatable.

i just need a link to be able to order the new HDR box online, without having to call Sky.

Thanks

SkyQ 2TB UHD -HDR
SKY mini box
Philips Hue sync box
Rob+Jarvis
Topic Author

I've tried the link in your message, but it takes me to "my package" page and there is no link or info on where to order, upgrade or buy the new HDR compatable Sky box... im going round in circles 😕

will probabaly have to call, which is what im trying to avoid.

SkyQ 2TB UHD -HDR
SKY mini box
Philips Hue sync box
This message was authored by Rhonny This message was authored by: Rhonny

@Rob+Jarvis

Yes. 

@Rob+JarvisDid you try it from your main Q box, as shown in the 1st paragraph of my earlier post.

This message was authored by nigea99 This message was authored by: nigea99

@bob1234 wrote:

@Rob+JarvisDid you try it from your main Q box, as shown in the 1st paragraph of my earlier post.

I don't think they have restored that option since they removed it due to the lack of 2TB boxes earlier this year - it still has not returned for me 

@nigea99 wrote:

@bob1234 wrote:

I don't think they have restored that option since they removed it due to the lack of 2TB boxes earlier this year - it still has not returned for me 

I thought that might be the case, Sky really should keep their online information up to date, After all they are making changes so the information should also be updated.

Rob+Jarvis
Topic Author

I've tried the link in your message, but it takes me to "my package" page and there is no link or info on where to order, upgrade or buy the new HDR compatable Sky box... im going round in circles 😕

SkyQ 2TB UHD -HDR
SKY mini box
Philips Hue sync box
This message was authored by PeteRG41 This message was authored by: PeteRG41

There's probably a healthy waiting list for the HDR boxes and the Sky website seems intent on not selling any boxes or upgrades.  I did see a link to UHD today, but the "Upgrade now" button just ended up showing me broadband deals instead.

I think I'll give up on thinking of upgrades for a couple of months at least.

____
Pete.
This message was authored by Stephen+Horne This message was authored by: Stephen+Horne

I ordered one by phone yesterday.  Paid the £50 "fee".  New box arrived today.  You need to have your old box ready to exchange with the courier when they hand over your new box.

Set up my "new" hdr Q box, went into settings only to discover they had sent a non-compatible hdr box, the same model I had just exchanged!  Phoned them up to inform they had sent the wrong box, advisor explained that he would need to pass this "case" on to someone in the back offices and they would get back to me.  Still waiting.  Not as quick as yesterday when they took the £50 and dispatched a box straight away!

This message was authored by fizzdisco This message was authored by: fizzdisco

@Stephen+Horne wrote:

I ordered one by phone yesterday.  Paid the £50 "fee".  New box arrived today.  You need to have your old box ready to exchange with the courier when they hand over your new box.

Set up my "new" hdr Q box, went into settings only to discover they had sent a non-compatible hdr box, the same model I had just exchanged!  Phoned them up to inform they had sent the wrong box, advisor explained that he would need to pass this "case" on to someone in the back offices and they would get back to me.  Still waiting.  Not as quick as yesterday when they took the £50 and dispatched a box straight away!

Unbelievable. Their stock control is abysmal. It never ceases to amaze me how poor the hardware side of things is with Sky. Their advisors have no idea about the variants of box that exist, neither do some of their installers. 

This message was authored by safcbrett This message was authored by: safcbrett

This is exactly what happened to me yesterday, notes on the account say I ordered an hdr compatible box and when I set it up I realised it was the wrong one.

been told my account has been noted and to ring back in a few weeks times, terrified I'm going to have to pay again 

There seem to too many wrong box sent posts.

I have escalated them to Sky and hopefully they will come back to you, Private message or email, and be able to sort something out for you. Look for a blue blob bottom right of your screen.

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion