Discussion topic: Unarchive a fourm page please - it has the resolution to the remote / sound bar problem

This message was authored by iknowjoey This message was authored by: iknowjoey

Unarchive a fourm page please - it has the resolution to the remote / sound bar problem

Hi Team,

I and a few others (see in search results) have the issue where the sky remote doesnt control the volume on the soundbar.  We've all tried the different codes but it doesnt work. I just got a new TV so the issue has come back for me. But the issue first happened to me in 2022 and there was a post that had the resolution but the page is now archived so we cant see it. It is possible to unarchive it so we can get to the fix? It would really help us!

Page:

https://helpforum.sky.com/t5/contentarchivals/contentarchivedpage/message-uid/3868298#M481048

Thanks

Joe

All Replies

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

Re: Unarchive a fourm page please - it has the resolution to the remote / sound bar problem

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@iknowjoey 

I have asked Sky if they can reinstate that post for you so I guess we will find out tomorrow if it is possible.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can
This message was authored by KevNewMedia This message was authored by: KevNewMedia

Re: Unarchive a fourm page please - it has the resolution to the remote / sound bar problem

Posted by a Sky employee

Hi @iknowjoey 

Welcome back to the Community.

Thanks for the nudge @caesarome 

Is it the blink back process you are looking for?

Blink back:

• Press TV,
  • Hold Select and red together until the red light at the top of the Sky remote flashes twice.
  • Press 990, and the LED at the top of the remote blinks twice.
  • Press 1, take note of the number of red LED blinks, as this indicates the first digit of the code.
  • Press 2, take note of the number of red LED blinks, as this indicates the second digit of the code
  • Press 3, take note of the number of red LED blinks, as this indicates the third digit of the code
  • Press 4, take note of the number of red LED blinks, as this indicates the fourth digit of the code.

(0 is represented by no blinks when you press the key).

Thanks
Kev
Community Manager
iknowjoey
Topic Author

Hi Kev,

I couldnt get past the 990 step as the LED didnt blink twice.

I know what resolved the issue for me (and a number of people) was on that archived post - can you unarchive it? Or at the very least copy and paste the resolution that was posted there to here?

Thanks

Joe

This message was authored by KevNewMedia This message was authored by: KevNewMedia

Posted by a Sky employee

@iknowjoey wrote:

Hi Kev,

I couldnt get past the 990 step as the LED didnt blink twice.

I know what resolved the issue for me (and a number of people) was on that archived post - can you unarchive it? Or at the very least copy and paste the resolution that was posted there to here?

Thanks

Joe

These are the steps that were on the article - I'm not able to resurrect the article @iknowjoey.

Are you using a Sky+ remote or Sky Q? It doesn't work for Sky Q I'm afraid.

Thanks
Kev
Community Manager
iknowjoey
Topic Author

2 questions: 

1 - That's not the steps in that article? Can you paste it here if you have looked at it this morning?

2- Why would Sky archive community forum pages that are designed to help people? From 2yrs back...not even that long ago.

iknowjoey
Topic Author

@Kirsty+S27 I see you replied to the archived page in question. Can you see what the resolution was that we accepted back then? 

Posted by a Sky employee

Hi @iknowjoey 

We think we have some indexing problems that we're investigating. In the meantime, is this the thread that you are after, that started in Sep 2021?  I've been able to unarchive this, as it isn't linked to other pages that have been archived.

Thanks
Kev
Community Manager
iknowjoey
Topic Author

Thanks for unarchiving the thread. I got to the resolution needed. Thanks!

Posted by a Sky employee

@iknowjoey wrote:

Thanks for unarchiving the thread. I got to the resolution needed. Thanks!

Grand, I couldn't be 100% sure if that was the one you needed. Apologies for the earlier problems.

Thanks
Kev
Community Manager

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion