Discussion topic: Unable to sign up to Sky Q + Broadband at this address

This message was authored by DishOnTheWall This message was authored by: DishOnTheWall

Unable to sign up to Sky Q + Broadband at this address

Hello

I am a new customer to sky and was just trying to sign up to Sky Q and broadband deal online but after i input my details the website thinks I am already a customer or have been a customer in the last 12 months. I have never been a customer and have recently moved into this property. There is a sky dish on the property and cables left in the living room so there must have been sky here previously. I tried to chat to a human online but only got the AI chatbot. Does anyone know how to get this sorted?

Thanks

Best Answers
This message was authored by Laing1 This message was authored by: Laing1 Answer

Re: Unable to sign up to Sky Q + Broadband at this address

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@DishOnTheWall wrote:

Hello

I am a new customer to sky and was just trying to sign up to Sky Q and broadband deal online but after i input my details the website thinks I am already a customer or have been a customer in the last 12 months. I have never been a customer and have recently moved into this property. There is a sky dish on the property and cables left in the living room so there must have been sky here previously. I tried to chat to a human online but only got the AI chatbot. Does anyone know how to get this sorted?

Thanks

@DishOnTheWall afraid you will need to perevere with trying to contact Sky

You can contact Sky by phone by dialling 150 if Sky is your phone provider or by following the link below
https://www.sky.com/help/home
scroll down to need more help click on this and you will find a phone number. If you are in ROI please change the flag at the bottom right to the ROI flag

I may be a Sky Superuser but I am still just a Sky customer

Sky Q 2 TB (Silver)Box, 2 Mini boxes since June 2016, all connected by wifi
Sky Broadband Hub/SR203, Sky Ultrafast broadband
Ultimate on Demand, Q Experience/UHD, Sky Sports, Sky Cinema
LG 49SJ 810 V UHD TV, Google Pixel 7 Pro mobile

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by Laing1 This message was authored by: Laing1 Answer

@DishOnTheWall wrote:

Hello

Thanks

@DishOnTheWall afraid you will need to perevere with trying to contact Sky

You can contact Sky by phone by dialling 150 if Sky is your phone provider or by following the link below
https://www.sky.com/help/home
scroll down to need more help click on this and you will find a phone number. If you are in ROI please change the flag at the bottom right to the ROI flag

I may be a Sky Superuser but I am still just a Sky customer

Sky Q 2 TB (Silver)Box, 2 Mini boxes since June 2016, all connected by wifi
Sky Broadband Hub/SR203, Sky Ultrafast broadband
Ultimate on Demand, Q Experience/UHD, Sky Sports, Sky Cinema
LG 49SJ 810 V UHD TV, Google Pixel 7 Pro mobile
DishOnTheWall
Topic Author
This message was authored by DishOnTheWall This message was authored by: DishOnTheWall

thanks for the feedback @Laing1 - i've never known it be so hard to sign up to a company, really didnt want to waste my credit sitting waiting on hold to sky

This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

@DishOnTheWall wrote:

Hello

Thanks

Try signing up using your browser's incognito/privacy mode, and be sure to be signed out before doing so.

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

@DishOnTheWall wrote:

There is a sky dish on the property and cables left in the living room so there must have been sky here previously.

If the previous tenant hasn't cancelled their subscription then this might be why you are having issues.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can
DishOnTheWall
Topic Author

Thanks @Mark39 I'll give that a try. I'm not sure it will make a difference as i've never had a sky account ever so shouldnt have any cookies etc present but its worth a shot

@caesaromeif that is the case then its shocking given that i have no contact for anyone living here previously.

DishOnTheWall
Topic Author

ended up calling them - sorted over the phone - thanks for everyones suggestions

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion