Discussion topic: Unable to see Netflix on 2nd Sky Box.

This message was authored by ChewBakker This message was authored by: ChewBakker

Unable to see Netflix on 2nd Sky Box.

I have a full Sky account with just about everything available monthly. We have a Sky Q Box and a 2nd smaller box in another room connected to another TV.

Netflix works fine on the Sky Q Box. On the 2nd Box, which has a cabled network connection directly to the Sky Q box, the Netflix logo appears and the small rotating icon appears below it, but never clears to the Netflix menu.

This has always worked until we tried to access Netflix today.

Can someone please help with any ideas. I will probably end up calling Skybin the morning.

All Replies

This message was authored by oldfella This message was authored by: oldfella

Re: Unable to see Netflix on 2nd Sky Box.

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@ChewBakker wrote:

I have a full Sky account with just about everything available monthly. We have a Sky Q Box and a 2nd smaller box in another room connected to another TV.

Netflix works fine on the Sky Q Box. On the 2nd Box, which has a cabled network connection directly to the Sky Q box, the Netflix logo appears and the small rotating icon appears below it, but never clears to the Netflix menu.

This has always worked until we tried to access Netflix today.

Can someone please help with any ideas. I will probably end up calling Skybin the morning.

Hi @ChewBakker 

First try rebooting the main Q box and then when this is completely back up and running reboot the mini.
To reboot press Standby on your Sky Q remote (if the box responds to the remote), and then switch off and unplug at the mains.
Wait at least 30 secs and then Plug back in and switch your Sky Q box back on at the mains.
Wait for the on screen instructions to disappear and the front led to turn Amber. Then wait for 30 secs before you press Home on your Sky Q remote or if this is not working press the standby button on the front of the Q box (Amber led)

note: some features may take up to 5 minutes to return.

Reboot the mini as above.

ChewBakker
Topic Author
This message was authored by ChewBakker This message was authored by: ChewBakker

Thanks, all working now 🙂

This message was authored by Mancunia This message was authored by: Mancunia

I have exactly the same issue

Followed the steps above, main box off and unplugged for 30 seconds, back on and wait till orange, wait further 30 seconds and press home. Reprwat for 2nd box.

however, i still have the whirring red circle

Any further suggestions?

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion