Reply

Unable to download on Sky Q

Runner
Posts: 3
Post 1 of 10
1,172 Views

Unable to download on Sky Q

I’ve had Sky for past 11 years with no problem. I upgraded to Sky Q at start of October and it’s been fault free until this week when for no apparent reason I’m unable to download movies,box sets or catch up. I don’t as yet have a problem with recording programmes it’s the downloading that’s the problem.Any suggestions would be appreciated 

All Replies
Reply
Oracle
Posts: 70,637
Post 2 of 10
1,159 Views

Re: Unable to download on Sky Q

What happens when you try to download something, have you tried rebooting your broadband router and your Sky Q box at the mains, leave them off for 5 minutes before powering them back up again.

__________________________________________________________________________________________.

If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
I do not work for Sky.
Oracle
Posts: 10,107
Post 3 of 10
1,129 Views

Re: Unable to download on Sky Q


@Hej1961 wrote:

I’ve had Sky for past 11 years with no problem. I upgraded to Sky Q at start of October and it’s been fault free until this week when for no apparent reason I’m unable to download movies,box sets or catch up. I don’t as yet have a problem with recording programmes it’s the downloading that’s the problem.Any suggestions would be appreciated 


Hi @Hej1961 Check that your Q box is still connected to the internet. Press home>settings>network connection. You should have a tick if you are connected. Try fixing by rebooting the main box. 

My Opinions Are My Own And Do Not Reflect Those Of Sky.

imagebam.com imagebam.com
Runner
Posts: 3
Post 4 of 10
1,112 Views

Re: Unable to download on Sky Q

Thanks very much for your advice. I did reboot my router which made no difference and I deleted completely all deleted programmes as I had read that made a difference. I also rebooted main box which made no difference either however after reading your texts I went back and rebooted my main box again and it appears to have rectified the problem. Thanks again for the advice.

Oracle
Posts: 10,107
Post 5 of 10
1,107 Views

Re: Unable to download on Sky Q


@Hej1961 wrote:

Thanks very much for your advice. I did reboot my router which made no difference and I deleted completely all deleted programmes as I had read that made a difference. I also rebooted main box which made no difference either however after reading your texts I went back and rebooted my main box again and it appears to have rectified the problem. Thanks again for the advice.


Glad to see the issue Is now fixed. 

My Opinions Are My Own And Do Not Reflect Those Of Sky.

imagebam.com imagebam.com
Boom Operator
Posts: 71
Post 6 of 10
1,070 Views

Re: Unable to download on Sky Q

I'm having this problem now too.  Sooo frustrating! come on sky sort it out!

Researcher
Posts: 3
Post 7 of 10
495 Views

Re: Unable to download on Sky Q

I'm having the same problem. Yesterday I was able to download from the sky Q app, but that is no longer working.

Researcher
Posts: 3
Post 8 of 10
492 Views

Re: Unable to download on Sky Q

Thank you. Switching off my main box to reboot has worked. I am now able to download again.

Researcher
Posts: 5
Post 9 of 10
267 Views

Re: Unable to download on Sky Q

Hi everyone, I’m having the same problem, phoned Sky today and they are aware of a fault. This should be rectified in the next software update. He did talk me through resetting the box, it worked for a couple of programmes & the problem has now reappeared. Also, I found that the reset stopped my main handset from working until I went through the process of remarrying it.


@Hej1961 wrote:

I’ve had Sky for past 11 years with no problem. I upgraded to Sky Q at start of October and it’s been fault free until this week when for no apparent reason I’m unable to download movies,box sets or catch up. I don’t as yet have a problem with recording programmes it’s the downloading that’s the problem.Any suggestions would be appreciated 



 

Sky Q 2TB
TV: Samsung UE40ES7000UXXU (ES7000 Series 7)
Sound: Panasonic SC-HTE80EB-S Speakerboard
Router: BT Smart Hub (latest)
Powerline: Devolo dLAN 500
Executive Producer
Posts: 4,089
Post 10 of 10
260 Views

Re: Unable to download on Sky Q


@Shipwreck wrote:

Hi everyone, I’m having the same problem, phoned Sky today and they are aware of a fault. This should be rectified in the next software update. He did talk me through resetting the box, it worked for a couple of programmes & the problem has now reappeared. Also, I found that the reset stopped my main handset from working until I went through the process of remarrying it.


@Hej1961 wrote:

I’ve had Sky for past 11 years with no problem. I upgraded to Sky Q at start of October and it’s been fault free until this week when for no apparent reason I’m unable to download movies,box sets or catch up. I don’t as yet have a problem with recording programmes it’s the downloading that’s the problem.Any suggestions would be appreciated 



 


Yes box reset does disconnect Bluetooth remotes 

BT Ultra Infinity. Apple Time Capsule. Sky Q 2TB watching UHD through a LG OLED55B7 and listening through a soundbox. Multiroom with 2 miniboxes
Reply