Unable to download on Sky Q

Runner
Post 1 of 10

Unable to download on Sky Q

I’ve had Sky for past 11 years with no problem. I upgraded to Sky Q at start of October and it’s been fault free until this week when for no apparent reason I’m unable to download movies,box sets or catch up. I don’t as yet have a problem with recording programmes it’s the downloading that’s the problem.Any suggestions would be appreciated 

All Replies
Oracle
Post 2 of 10

Re: Unable to download on Sky Q

What happens when you try to download something, have you tried rebooting your broadband router and your Sky Q box at the mains, leave them off for 5 minutes before powering them back up again.

__________________________________________________________________________________________.

If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
I do not work for Sky.
Oracle
Post 3 of 10

@Hej1961 wrote:

I’ve had Sky for past 11 years with no problem. I upgraded to Sky Q at start of October and it’s been fault free until this week when for no apparent reason I’m unable to download movies,box sets or catch up. I don’t as yet have a problem with recording programmes it’s the downloading that’s the problem.Any suggestions would be appreciated 

Hi @Hej1961 Check that your Q box is still connected to the internet. Press home>settings>network connection. You should have a tick if you are connected. Try fixing by rebooting the main box. 

My Opinions Are My Own And Do Not Reflect Those Of Sky.

imagebam.com imagebam.com
Runner
Post 4 of 10

Thanks very much for your advice. I did reboot my router which made no difference and I deleted completely all deleted programmes as I had read that made a difference. I also rebooted main box which made no difference either however after reading your texts I went back and rebooted my main box again and it appears to have rectified the problem. Thanks again for the advice.

Oracle
Post 5 of 10

@Hej1961 wrote:

Thanks very much for your advice. I did reboot my router which made no difference and I deleted completely all deleted programmes as I had read that made a difference. I also rebooted main box which made no difference either however after reading your texts I went back and rebooted my main box again and it appears to have rectified the problem. Thanks again for the advice.

Glad to see the issue Is now fixed. 

My Opinions Are My Own And Do Not Reflect Those Of Sky.

imagebam.com imagebam.com
Boom Operator
Post 6 of 10

I'm having this problem now too.  Sooo frustrating! come on sky sort it out!

Researcher
Post 7 of 10

I'm having the same problem. Yesterday I was able to download from the sky Q app, but that is no longer working.

Researcher
Post 8 of 10

Thank you. Switching off my main box to reboot has worked. I am now able to download again.

Researcher
Post 9 of 10

Hi everyone, I’m having the same problem, phoned Sky today and they are aware of a fault. This should be rectified in the next software update. He did talk me through resetting the box, it worked for a couple of programmes & the problem has now reappeared. Also, I found that the reset stopped my main handset from working until I went through the process of remarrying it.

@Hej1961 wrote:

Sky Q 2TB
TV: Samsung UE40ES7000UXXU (ES7000 Series 7)
Sound: Panasonic SC-HTE80EB-S Speakerboard
Router: BT Smart Hub (latest)
Powerline: Devolo dLAN 500
Executive Producer
Post 10 of 10

@Shipwreck wrote:

Hi everyone, I’m having the same problem, phoned Sky today and they are aware of a fault. This should be rectified in the next software update. He did talk me through resetting the box, it worked for a couple of programmes & the problem has now reappeared. Also, I found that the reset stopped my main handset from working until I went through the process of remarrying it.

@Hej1961 wrote:

Yes box reset does disconnect Bluetooth remotes 

BT Ultra Infinity. Apple Time Capsule. Sky Q 2TB watching UHD through a LG OLED55B7 and listening through a soundbox. Multiroom with 2 miniboxes