Discussion topic: Trying to Cancel Dazn

This message was authored by ozsat This message was authored by: ozsat

Re: Trying to Cancel Dazn

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

I think you have to call them to cancel a subscription. Most tv services are like that.

================================================
SkyQ Silver bundle (V2 2TB with UHD/HDR + two minis) in Sky region #71 (Oxford) using VirginMedia Gig1 Fibre (1.2Gbps/100Mbps).

This message was authored by Mart1n This message was authored by: Mart1n

Hi,  I'm just experiencing the same issue.  I paid to watch the Fury Vs KSI fight, on a monthly saver.  DAZN website crashed everytime I put in my viewing card number, but eventually worked. They now say I've signed up to an annual 12 month contract, which I wasnt aware of, and didnt receive any contract. The contract is with their website, and not the SKY side of their business.  I'm now being billed £9.99 a month even though I cancelled within the first 30 days, but this only cancels the renewal in 12 months time. DAZN web chat is very unhelpful, and will not budge on this.  Is this a scam that SKY are allowing through their DAZN channels?  Any ideas how to cancel?

This message was authored by Azwad22 This message was authored by: Azwad22

Theu did the same to me never got the boxing called the number on the sky chanel got challenged 70 quid for the premium rate number was told it was cancel and the subscription it made me sign up to told it was all cancelled and will be refunded still not had a refund and now there charging me 10 a month and I'm unable to cancel it DZAN are a joke of a compana and very rude on the live chat avoid at all cost no sport is worth the agro they cause 

This message was authored by Pj07dec This message was authored by: Pj07dec

Same issue here spoke to them via chat and this was the responce (below)  lol jokes of a company Sky should step in will be ringing them and cancelling the whole sky package if they cant help very disapointed been a sky customer for 10 years as well 

I am not understanding Paul, there is nothing to fall for, everything is shown on screen for you to read, I understand you may have missed this and I get that but please in the future it may be best to read subscription in full to save you this issue.

This message was authored by Dariddler This message was authored by: Dariddler

Hi previous posters, i have just been swindled into the 12 month contract to watch day of rexkoning. Did yoi get anywhere? Im just not going to pay it they dont have my home address so cant imagine they can do much apart from strongly worded emails. 

This message was authored by best+of+the+best This message was authored by: best+of+the+best

@Dariddler wrote:

Hi previous posters, i have just been swindled into the 12 month contract to watch day of rexkoning. Did yoi get anywhere? Im just not going to pay it they dont have my home address so cant imagine they can do much apart from strongly worded emails. 

Hi @Dariddler if you've already used your card details to pay then they can continue to collect the money for the entire 12 months cancelling only stops the next 12 months from being taken.

As you haven't set up a direct debit which you can cancel at anytime the DAZN subscrption is a recurring payment so you are locked into that subscription for the duration of the minimum term 

Screenshot_20231228-024802_Chrome.jpg

Sometimes it's best to choose wisely I think the watching via the Sky Q box tends to catch alot of people out with regards to the £9.99 per month as this is theoretically the 12 month contract

Thank you for the reply. The dazn options didnt look like this i believe that screen shot is if you go to sign up today but on a fight night when you're excited and probably tight for time its presented in a different clouded way. Im waiting for another ppv night to see how they do it. 

This message was authored by parkerge This message was authored by: parkerge

100%, and it's not on. DAZN cannot just pray on people by looping them into a ridiculous contract by using shady naming. "monthly saver", "Cancel in first 7 days free of charge", but in the T's and C's buried is that you are in a 12 month contract. 

It is the last time I pay for a fight, that's for sure. Shame that I wanted to support the creators really...

Could you not cancel in firat seven days? I live chatted them and emailed but fobbed me off both times. Their trust pilot is the worst i seen. Reminds me of the current post office saga. 

This message was authored by best+of+the+best This message was authored by: best+of+the+best

@Dariddler wrote:

Thank you for the reply. The dazn options didnt look like this i believe that screen shot is if you go to sign up today but on a fight night when you're excited and probably tight for time its presented in a different clouded way. Im waiting for another ppv night to see how they do it. 

Fair comment but it's presented in the same way

You need an active subscription to buy a pay per view content @Dariddler but you have to pay attention to which subscription you select 

Screenshot_20240113-155547_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20240113-155320_Chrome.jpg

I'm not subscribed to DAZN and don't really want to watch it via my Sky Q box hence selecting the Flexi Pass so I can cancel with 30 days notice.

This message was authored by damien12 This message was authored by: damien12

Yeah mate same here i signed up for a month just to watch the ksi fight cancelled straight after the fight and I am still being charged as if I signed up for a 12 month contract what a joke 🤣

Thehig
Topic Author
This message was authored by Thehig This message was authored by: Thehig

Update:

I cancelled in June 2023 via requesting my bank block payments and it's been fine.

My situation wasn't quite the same as described here, I had gotten the Flexi pass which you can cancel in 30 days notice.

When trying to cancel Dazn had no records of me having an account with him despite them taking payment and at the time DAZN showing on my sky Q.

This message was authored by jackw87 This message was authored by: jackw87

For anyone that got caught out (like me) ordering the Joshua vs Franklin fight last year... March is the end of the 12-month contract (thank f***!). Call up this week (ahead of the last payment month) to make sure you cancel your subscription. Final charge will go out on 1st March and subscription ends 31st March. Never spending another penny with this mob — daylight robbery! 

This message was authored by JW1983 This message was authored by: JW1983

I cant even cancel either i paid the 12 months 

they even sent me a email to my email address saying the subscription going up to 14.99 so im trying to cancel 

but the website wont let me log int and when i emailed their suppor they are saying im not a customer and my emails does not exist asking me for all sorts of bank details via email to check it 

i am still in conversation with them now but i cant get into any account to cancel and im worried iv i dont do it in time they will lock me into another 12 month contract paying 14.99 a month now 

I just stopped replying and they havent chased after the first month. They dont have an address or date of birth so not really a 'contract' and the way they have stopped asking shows it was a scare tactic. I wont be able to use dazn again but i dont see an issue there. 

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion