Discussion topic: To use this service you need a satellite signal - recordings

This message was authored by ukmantis This message was authored by: ukmantis

To use this service you need a satellite signal - recordings

I currently have scaffolding in front of my sky dish, this I accept will cut the signal. I was still able to watch recordings catch up and access the apps (Netflix, prime, etc). Now all of a sudden I have the message "to use this service you need a satellite signal". Why? 
I have tried resetting the box and internet connection and it's all connected but still have the same issue

All Replies

This message was authored by oldfella This message was authored by: oldfella

Re: To use this service you need a satellite signal - recordings

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@ukmantis wrote:

I currently have scaffolding in front of my sky dish, this I accept will cut the signal. I was still able to watch recordings catch up and access the apps (Netflix, prime, etc). Now all of a sudden I have the message "to use this service you need a satellite signal". Why? 
I have tried resetting the box and internet connection and it's all connected but still have the same issue

Hi @ukmantis 

Afraid that without a Satellite signal the box will only function for a short time.

The Q box needs a periodic handshake with Sky through the Satellite signal.

This message was authored by nigea99 This message was authored by: nigea99

Re: To use this service you need a satellite signal - recordings

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@ukmantis wrote:

hi @ukmantis 

Unfortunately the SKY Q boxes do need a periodic authorisation signal which is sent via the Satelite

Thus, as you have found, after a period without a signal the box won't work until it gets the authorisation signal it needs once the Satellite signal is restored 

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion