Discussion topic: Tnt hd channels not working on sky q box

This message was authored by Buttons75 This message was authored by: Buttons75

Tnt hd channels not working on sky q box

Hi there. 

I pay for tnt sports through bt and watch on my sky q box. Also pay the extra for hd. Which has been fine. All of a sudden I can not watch the TNT hd channels. I can view the sd channels no problem at all. Contacted BT they say everything is fine there end. When I click on the tnt hd channels which are listed on 800ish says I don't subscribe to the channel and that I need to upgrade.  Please can you help me on this matter 🙏 

Best Answers
This message was authored by stereohaven This message was authored by: stereohaven Answer

Re: Tnt hd channels not working on sky q box

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Buttons75 wrote:

Hi there. 

I pay for tnt sports through bt and watch on my sky q box. Also pay the extra for hd. Which has been fine. All of a sudden I can not watch the TNT hd channels. I can view the sd channels no problem at all. Contacted BT they say everything is fine there end. When I click on the tnt hd channels which are listed on 800ish says I don't subscribe to the channel and that I need to upgrade.  Please can you help me on this matter 🙏 

We have had it confirmed that this problem should be resolved now. 

Moderator note: information removed

-------------------------

LG OLED | Sky Q | EE TV Pro | BT Smart Hub 2 | Apple TV 4K

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by oldfella This message was authored by: oldfella

@Buttons75 wrote:

Hi there. 

Hi @Buttons75 

You are not trying to watch on a Mini are you?
If you subscribe to TNT Sport through Sky (and pay Sky for your Subscription) then you can watch on Mini boxes (provided you have the necessary Monthly Multiscreen subscription). Also subscribing through Sky TNT Sport in HD is included and Discovery plus is upgraded to premium.
If you pay BT directly for TNT Sports on Sky then to receive TNT Sport on Minis you need to pay BT’s monthly second box charge. One monthly charge covers all minis. Also to receive TNT Sport in HD there is an additional BT monthly charge when subscribing though BT.

Buttons75
Topic Author

Hi thanks for your reply. Not trying to watch it on a mini box. Just on my sky q box. It was working fine last week 

This message was authored by RJ7 This message was authored by: RJ7

Our TNT Sports channels are gone the past couple weeks as well. Every other channel is fine. Even had an engineer out last week and he couldn't fix it. He rang head office and was told there was a issue with the TNT channels and that it would hopefully resolve itself. Still no sign of them coming back so far.

This message was authored by xenon81 This message was authored by: xenon81

The TNT channels changed frequency recently but they are definitely working. If they're not the most likely cause is a dish alignment issue (this may only affect a couple of channels or a certain group like TNT). Any engineer should be able to solve that. 

This message was authored by Chrism61 This message was authored by: Chrism61

I have excatly the same on my sky q box no TNT HD a blank black screen it's always be ok in the past hubby as t happy to day as taped Liverpool game said no signal all other channels ok and we have Sky UHD which is fine today football match taped ok

This message was authored by tonyselon This message was authored by: tonyselon

I dont want to create another thread but I've noticed recently the BOX Office ( pay per view) option has disappeared from the Sports option on main menu. I subscribe to TNT Sports( previously BT Sport) for WWE and when they have PPV, Wrestlemania, etc. I could set a PPV event to record one week in advance.

Anyone know why Box Office option has gone? Even if no upcoming events, it would say no upcoming events as only appeared 1 week before event-now nothing.

Thanks

This message was authored by stereohaven This message was authored by: stereohaven Answer

@Buttons75 wrote:

Hi there. 

We have had it confirmed that this problem should be resolved now. 

Moderator note: information removed

Buttons75
Topic Author

Hi there. Thanks for the update but I still have the same problem 😕 

This message was authored by stereohaven This message was authored by: stereohaven

Please try a full reboot by unplugging from the mains for 5 minutes.

This message was authored by Malcolm1968 This message was authored by: Malcolm1968

Re: none of sky Q is working t hd channels not working on sky q box

My sky Q is not working and has been seen yesterday I don't get any changes it's just tell me no single I have tryed to sort it out but can't 

This message was authored by Malcolm1968 This message was authored by: Malcolm1968

@Buttons75 wrote:

Hi there. 

This message was authored by Linzijust18 This message was authored by: Linzijust18

Mine is not working and they said I can have sky cinema as compensation. We don't watch films we watch football and pay for it to watch sport. Right in time for season starting 

This message was authored by DXB04 This message was authored by: DXB04

I have the same issue which appears to have only recently developed. TNT Sports HD 'No Satellite Signal' TNT Sports SD OK. All other SKY Channels OK. I've been through the automated unplug etc. and finally was assigned an engineer to visit. Scheduled Visit date 18th NOVEMBER - there must be a lot of customers without TNT Sports HD. The upgrade package is advertised as all channels HD!

This message was authored by RonanJ This message was authored by: RonanJ

FWIW a 3rd different Sky engineer finally sorted out my TNT problem on the 3rd engineer visit. He took a guess that with TNT changing frequency lately that it was getting inteference from a nearby satellite mast to our house. He thought it was maybe worth a try in actually lowering the height of the dish so it could get underneath the interference from the nearby satellite mast. And hey presto it actually worked. The TNT channels suddenly reappeared.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion