Discussion topic: Three router - Sky can’t connect to internet

This message was authored by Carolyn_dav This message was authored by: Carolyn_dav

Three router - Sky can’t connect to internet

We recently got a 4G three router and every device is connected and working perfectly with it but when I tried to connect to the sky Q box, there is a tick next to connection to broadband router but an X to connection to internet. I have unplugged the Sky Q box and reset it but still not working. Very confused as everything else is working so makes me believe it has something to do with sky. 
I've talked to other people and they share problems they've also had with Sky and a non-sky router. 
if you've got any tips on what to do, it would be massively appreciated. 

All Replies

This message was authored by Addie15 This message was authored by: Addie15

Re: Three router - Sky can’t connect to internet

Posted by a Sky employee

Hi there, @Carolyn_dav. I’ve escalated your post to our Community Messaging team who will invite you to a private chat shortly and help you with this. 

Just look out for the colourful bubble to start the conversation.

Here's more information on how Community Messaging works - https://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Did-you-know/Escalating-a-post-to-a-Sky-expert/ba-p/3711147 

This message was authored by Lisa-P1987 This message was authored by: Lisa-P1987

Posted by a Sky employee

We are still looking to help you @Carolyn_dav . If you need our support let us know and we can re-escalate to our chat team. Your invite has been closed now. Thanks

Thanks

Lisa - Sky Tech Team Expert
This message was authored by Dale_T This message was authored by: Dale_T

I am having exact same issues, new router connects to all deices and internet correctly except for Sky Q box, connects to router via ethernet but not internet. i have had an engineer outtoday who chaecked q box and all connecting cables, all ok. He suggested that 3 should be able to make some config changes to thre router.

I am talking to 3 technical team as i type, hopefully they can work some magic and get the two boxes talking correctly. Will keep you informed with any updates. 

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion