Thinking of getting Sky Q. Some questions:

Runner
Post 1 of 4

Thinking of getting Sky Q. Some questions:

Hi all,

Since visiting a relative who has Sky Q, my Dad has been asking me questions about it with a view to perhaps getting it installed (we have had Sky installed for 15+ years). Up until now I had not really looked into it because it didn't seem to offer anything new that we needed in terms of how we view TV in our house, and to be honest it still doesn't. However, getting it installed will, unless I'm missing something, make a massive change to the amount we are paying for our TV every month.

I had no idea that Sky's TV packages had been reconfigured (and repriced) so much over the last couple of years. This is what we currently pay for 3x Sky+ HD boxes with Sports and Movies:

2019-01-11 06.09.15 pm.png

But upon going on to Sky's shop and going through the basket process as if I were a new customer, this is what we could conceivably get:

2019-01-11 06.08.35 pm.png

2019-01-11 06.50.01 pm.png

Dropping from £108p/m to £82p/m is a big chunk of change, to put it mildly.

So, with all that said, my questions:

1.  Can anyone see any reason why we as existing customers couldn't reconfigure our package to the same monthly price as the one I added to the basket in the screenshot above?

2.  As a VIP member/existing customer we can get Sky Q 2tb installation for £20 and one mini box free, but a 2nd one incurs a one-off cost of £99?

If that's right and we could get the equivalent of what we have now for £82 p/m and a one off cost of £119 then that would be a pretty good deal.

All Replies
Oracle
Oracle
Post 2 of 4

Re: Thinking of getting Sky Q. Some questions:

@K.e.v.i.n.M It really is a no brainier to upgrade to Q for you it will be cheaper as there is inky one single £12 charge for multiscreen no matter how many minis you take and as you have found the new bundles are cheaper than the legacy package you are on.

Stuart R
I am responsible for the content, but not the way it is presented, I have some sight issues
Auto-Correct is my enemy.
If this is your first post - Welcome
Sky Q - full package

imagebam.com
Highlighted
Oracle
Post 3 of 4

@K.e.v.i.n.M wrote:

Hi all,

Since visiting a relative who has Sky Q, my Dad has been asking me questions about it with a view to perhaps getting it installed (we have had Sky installed for 15+ years). Up until now I had not really looked into it because it didn't seem to offer anything new that we needed in terms of how we view TV in our house, and to be honest it still doesn't. However, getting it installed will, unless I'm missing something, make a massive change to the amount we are paying for our TV every month.

I had no idea that Sky's TV packages had been reconfigured (and repriced) so much over the last couple of years. This is what we currently pay for 3x Sky+ HD boxes with Sports and Movies:

2019-01-11 06.09.15 pm.png

But upon going on to Sky's shop and going through the basket process as if I were a new customer, this is what we could conceivably get:

2019-01-11 06.08.35 pm.png

2019-01-11 06.50.01 pm.png

Dropping from £108p/m to £82p/m is a big chunk of change, to put it mildly.

So, with all that said, my questions:

1.  Can anyone see any reason why we as existing customers couldn't reconfigure our package to the same monthly price as the one I added to the basket in the screenshot above?

2.  As a VIP member/existing customer we can get Sky Q 2tb installation for £20 and one mini box free, but a 2nd one incurs a one-off cost of £99?

If that's right and we could get the equivalent of what we have now for £82 p/m and a one off cost of £119 then that would be a pretty good deal.

@K.e.v.i.n.M as @SDR says on the package side it really is a no brainer to move over to the newer packages. As they are a bit cheaper and taking A there is only the 12 fee for up to 4 mini boxes Moving to Sky Q in my opinion is also a no brainer as I prefer the additional features of Sky Q 

If you Qualify for the VIP members offer that also makes sense to take up the offer of a 2TB box and a mini for £20 and adding an additional mini for £99 

If I were you I would go for it but that's only my opinion 😀😀😀

I may have an Oracle badge but i'm still just a customer

imagebam.com

imagebam.com

Sky Q 2 TB (Silver)Box, 2 Mini boxes since June 2016, Sky Q Hub, all connected by wifi
Sky Boxset, multiscreen/UHD, Sky Sports, Sky Cinema
Sky Fibre Unlimited, LG 49SJ 810 V UHD TV
Producer
Post 4 of 4

@K.e.v.i.n.M  Don'tgo with what it says on the website. Call Sky and haggle. See if you can get things even cheaper. My current price is £55 without sports. You may be able to get it for even less. Nothing to lose by trying.

Sky Q 2TB V1 -- LG 55UH850V UHD TV -- 1 Mini