Technical fault for recordings

Viewer
Post 1 of 21

Technical fault for recordings

For about 2 weeks our box has stopped recording shows which are series linked. They show on the planner but it says 'failed, technical fault'. Does anyone know how to correct this? 

All Replies
Oracle
Post 2 of 21

Re: Technical fault for recordings

@KatieMaple wrote:

For about 2 weeks our box has stopped recording shows which are series linked. They show on the planner but it says 'failed, technical fault'. Does anyone know how to correct this? 

Hi @KatieMaple power down your main box followed by your router. Power up your router and then power up your Q box. Delete all of the failed recordings and delete them from the deleted folder as well. If that doesn't sort out the problem then contact Sky and ask for an engineer to attend. 

Researcher
Post 3 of 21

I also have been haviing recordings randomly not happening and the words Recording Failed - Technical Fault.

When I read some forum replies to other people who have obviously had the same problem, they suggested doing a manual software update. I did this and all 3 recordings scheduled for last night happened, although the third only part recorded and said 'software upgrade'!

What is going on, Sky?

Runner
Post 4 of 21

I’m having the same problem

Craig
New Viewer
Post 5 of 21

I’m having exactly the same problem! It’s been going on for about 2 weeks now.  I’ve shut everything down so I guess I’ll try deleting all the technical faults and failed ones now and see if that works! 

Sky, what’s going on?

New Viewer
Post 6 of 21

The same thing has been happening to us for weeks now. It’s getting very frustrating!

New Viewer
Post 7 of 21

Me too! I’ve rung up 3 times, waited for 25 minutes each time and then get cut off!!!

Awful service Sky!!! 

Just want the problem fixing please! 

Researcher
Post 8 of 21

This has been happening to me too for the last couple of weeks. More recordings fail than actually record now. So frustrating. Left virgin to join sky but am thinking of going back now as at least I could rely on my programmes recording. 

Viewer
Post 9 of 21

I just got off the phone to sky to resolve this issue.

Click "Home" on remote.

Highlight "Settings"

Type "0,0,1, Select" (before selecting anything)

Select " Reset", "Reset Settings", "Ok".

This worked for me. Good luck.

Runner
Post 10 of 21

I did that but the false recordings keeps on coming back tho

Craig
Runner
Post 11 of 21

@Matt9911 wrote:

Click "Home" on remote.

Highlight "Settings"

O

Producer
Post 12 of 21

@Matt9911 wrote:

Click "Home" on remote.

Highlight "Settings"

@KatieMaple  if this doesn't work for you, call Sky and request a refesh be sent to your box to refresh the viewing card. This has worked for some on the forum.

Sky Q 2TB V1 -- LG 55UH850V UHD TV -- 1 Mini
Researcher
Post 13 of 21

I have also had recordings failing due to a technical fault over the past few weeks. Extremely annoying, especially if you're recording a series to watch in one go and finding that when you come to watch it, one or more of the episodes have failed and they're not available on catch up anymore.

Having read through the threads here and on the thread 'technical fault with recordings', I have tried the fix suggestions with no success.

I contacted Sky who stated they were aware of the problem and looking into it. They sent a message down the line allowing me to do the 001 thing through settings. This seemed to do the trick for a few days but then it reverted to failed recordings again.

For the last couple of weeks I have unplugged the sky box from the wall on a daily basis. It's unplugged for about 30 minutes to an hour (not sure that length of time is necessary but it just fits in with my daily routine). I tend to record a lot of programmes and since doing this, I've not had a problem. I realise it's a  pain, especially when it takes a while to boot up because the box says it's 'updating software' although I'm not sure it is.

Hopefully Sky will somehow let us know when they fix the problem as I don't wish to continue the daily unplugging indefinitely.

Producer
Post 14 of 21

@SRB1  Call Sky and ask them to send a refresh signal to your box. The refresh signal refreshes your viewing card. Some have reported (on the forum) that this has helped.

Sky Q 2TB V1 -- LG 55UH850V UHD TV -- 1 Mini
Researcher
Post 15 of 21

Thanks JonW42. I had done that. It's where you have to enter the code 001 in Settings I believe. As I said, seemed to work for a few days but reverted back to failed recordings. Thanks anyway.