Technical fault for recordings

Viewer
Post 1 of 8

Technical fault for recordings

For about 2 weeks our box has stopped recording shows which are series linked. They show on the planner but it says 'failed, technical fault'. Does anyone know how to correct this? 

All Replies
Oracle
Post 2 of 8

Re: Technical fault for recordings

@KatieMaple wrote:

For about 2 weeks our box has stopped recording shows which are series linked. They show on the planner but it says 'failed, technical fault'. Does anyone know how to correct this? 

Hi @KatieMaple power down your main box followed by your router. Power up your router and then power up your Q box. Delete all of the failed recordings and delete them from the deleted folder as well. If that doesn't sort out the problem then contact Sky and ask for an engineer to attend. 

My Opinions Are My Own And Do Not Reflect Those Of Sky.

imagebam.com imagebam.com
Researcher
Post 3 of 8

I also have been haviing recordings randomly not happening and the words Recording Failed - Technical Fault.

When I read some forum replies to other people who have obviously had the same problem, they suggested doing a manual software update. I did this and all 3 recordings scheduled for last night happened, although the third only part recorded and said 'software upgrade'!

What is going on, Sky?

Runner
Post 4 of 8

I’m having the same problem

Craig
New Viewer
Post 5 of 8

I’m having exactly the same problem! It’s been going on for about 2 weeks now.  I’ve shut everything down so I guess I’ll try deleting all the technical faults and failed ones now and see if that works! 

Sky, what’s going on?

New Viewer
Post 6 of 8

The same thing has been happening to us for weeks now. It’s getting very frustrating!

New Viewer
Post 7 of 8

Me too! I’ve rung up 3 times, waited for 25 minutes each time and then get cut off!!!

Awful service Sky!!! 

Just want the problem fixing please! 

Runner
Post 8 of 8

This has been happening to me too for the last couple of weeks. More recordings fail than actually record now. So frustrating. Left virgin to join sky but am thinking of going back now as at least I could rely on my programmes recording.